“WOW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lou & Mickey's

Lou & Mickey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lou & Mickey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 4,726 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp Stop (Trolley)
Description: Gaslamp's "Favorite Steakhouse" is directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and two blocks from Petco Park. Join us for famous steaks, choice seafood, and exotic drinks.
“WOW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had been in the US on a business trip for 10 days and had not managed to have a steak. Lou & mickeys was right across the road from my hotel so I decided to give them a try.
What a pleasant surprise! I was by myself so chose to sit in the bar area. Although my wine was forgotten and not very cold, the very pleasant staff made up for that lapse by giving me free side dishes.
I tried the oyster sampler plate which was very good with 6 different oysters.
Then I ordered the 8 oz fillet and it was cooked to perfection and had a lovely taste.
Very good experience overall.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Mount Olive, New Jersey
“Great Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Although steaks are their specialty, I chose the fish and chips which were absolutely perfect, large pieces with just a little crispy batter cooked to perfection and not greesey at all. Co workers had the steasks and various sandwiches for lunch and all were copletely satisified. We are so happy that we are planning to go back for dinner.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Solid but ordinary...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

During a break from the convention center we ventured over to Lou and Mickey's. It is a very attractive "saloon" type restaurant. The wood is thick and old, the trappings remind you of PJ Clark's or Gallagher's in NY.

Two of us were there for a quick lunch. We were greeted and seated quickly. We ordered the seafood stand for two - not a cheap lunch, but we were both in the mood for fresh seafood. The platter arrived (we've all seen this presentation before) and it was fine. There was the standard selection of oysters, clams, shrimp, crayfish, scallops, and crab. The "sauces" were ok, but nothing to jump up and down about. There was too little cocktail sauce, the sauce Louis was average.

I was a little surprised to not at least be offered crackers or bread. In fairness, the moment I mentioned this to the server he was very quick to respond. The restaurant was packed and he did his best to look after us.

There is no doubt why this classic venue remains popular. The location to the convention center is ideal, the physical look of the space is very pleasing and nostalgic and the outdoor space very appealing. I will try Lou and Mickey's again when it is less busy. Next time I will experiment with the menu a bit. It is certainly worthy of a visit, just pick the right time.

Best Wishes, Colin A. Burns

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This restaurant has a great location at the entrance to the Gas Lamp District. The service was great. The steaks were cooked perfectly as each person had ordered and were tender and delicious.

• Visited February 2013
Burbank, California
“Very Good Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Beautiful restaurant with big booths, dark wood and great service. Quality steaks and seafood in the heart of Gaslamp District.

Visited January 2013