“bravissimo”

Parma Cucina Italiana
Ranked #3 of 4,776 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Parma Cucina Italiana is located in the hearth of Hillcrest, few minutes by car from downtown San Diego. It offers down to earth ambience and fantastic authentic Italian cuisine. From the Italian wines and the best Italian products to the native Italian, "right off the boat" proprietors, Parma-Cucina Italian is as authentic as it gets.
Los Angeles, California
“bravissimo”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I fell in love with this restaurant. Even though it was a fairly long trip from our hotel on Harbor drive, it was worth it. Francisca and Leonardo, both from Florence, have created a better Italian restaurant than I found in Florence itself.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank smwolf7b

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
“Wonderful Italian food! Excellent service!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We did not have a reservation, but were efficiëntst seated in a full restaurant, we got good bread with a nice butter with honey in it. The appetizer, prosciuto di Parma was very tender, the main course simmered beef in a sweet tomato sauce was very good, the penne Reigate with tomato sauce for my wife excellent. The wines by the glass were excellent company and not expensive by US standards. Being European by origin, we felt being "back home" for an evening, bringing back good memories to the Italian cuisine! A nice place we will certainly come back to! Molto grazie!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank frank v
California
“Idyllic Italian”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You will think you are in Italy! The food at Parma is perfect. My favorite is the home-made ravioli stuffed with a mixture of spinach and magic. A small and intimate restaurant with charming waiters, all Italian speakers but oh so willing to explain each menu item clearly in beautifully accented English. The owners truly care about creating the perfect experience. The bread with the soft honey-butter could keep me happy and well fed, but I always warn myself to save room for the main course. Oh, my, and the desserts! Decadent, delightful, delicious. Excellent wine selection, too. Last week I ate at Parma twice--one night with 3 delightful men and the other night with a dear woman friend. Everyone was charmed by Parma--its food, its ambiance, its wine, its people. If you like Italian food and are in San Diego, you would be oh so foolish if you don't come to Parma for a meal. Do not miss this opportunity!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Judi58
Roma, Italia
“having dinner at PARMA its like you are in ITALY!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am italian and when I travel I usually dont go to eat italian food.....but this year I had to change my habits...since I have know Parma restaurant and I totally fallen in love with it. First, the area where it is located is very nice (Hillcrest), to walk around, many restaurants, nice streets, all so well manteined. Parma is not so big but very well organized. The staff is almoust all real italians, as the owners and the chef. The food is REAL italian....the taste, the flavour, the consistence.....its not easy to feel you are really eating italian so far far away! Appetizer....well, the burrata is delicious! so tasty, so creamy and so soft! really good. the prosciutto di parma is another great choice. I also liked a lot the polenta and the soup of the day... of course I didnt tried all in once!! been there few times during my long holidays in Xmas time. On the primi piatti I would recommed the Lasagna...amazing! soooo good!!! and also Pennette with salsiccia! I really loved! so the tortellini with panna and prosciutto. I love pasta and i really enjoyed all those plate! For the second plate, I have loved the meat balls. the tomato sauce its really delicious. I havent tried so many second plates because usually i have always the dessert so....more space for it!! i have tried most all of them and have to think a minute before to say which one I can suggest more......maybe i should suggest to try all...but if you really have to choose....well go for Profitteroles alla nutella, Torta Manuela and the amazing - sooo creamy Tiramisu!!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I am a chocoholich....but those dessert make me revalue also mascarpone and ricotta!!!!!the staff is very nice, kind and the italians ones also give suggestion and clearification if you ask for advices! so my experience(ssss) were great and I highly recommend PARMA restaurant if you are looking for a good and real italian dinner in San Diego. no surprises....just real good and tasty food!

• Visited December 2013
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Taste of Italy”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent little Italian restaurant in the Hillcrest neighborhood. Small yet cozy family business with a small menu with that covers a wide variety. Menu based on the Parma region of Italy so don't come looking for lots of seafood choices. On our visit members ate off the normal menu braised beef and pork shoulder made with excellent sauces. I had the menu listed prosciutto tortellini with Alfredo that was excellent. The soup of the day was an excellent tomato basil with tortellini. The deserts were on par with the main entrees. The wine choices very good and reasonably priced. Definitely make it a stop.

• Visited February 2014