“not for solo diners”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Description: Cafe Sevilla has been dedicated to providing the true essence of Spanish culture, music and cuisine since 1987. Located in the heart of downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp district, Cafe Sevilla is proud to offer the most authentic Spanish ambiance in their tapas bar, restaurant & nightclub. Café Sevilla specializes in Spanish tapas or small plates, which are great for a sharable dining experience. Menu offerings include a variety of tapas to include ceviche, empanadas, calamari, Spanish meatballs, stuffed dates, patatas bravas and tortilla Espanola. Main dishes include a variety of paellas, fresh seafood & savory meat dishes. We also feature a large variety of Spanish wines & refreshing sangrias. -Live Music in the Tapas Bar 7 Nights a Week -Salsa Dance Classes Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday -Flamenco Dinner Shows Every FridaySaturday Night -Late Night Dining on Friday/Saturday Nights -Saturday/Sunday Brunch Featuring $10 Bottomless Mimosas -Happy Hour Specials 7 Days a Week
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The restaurant slogan is “visiting Spain without the airfare.” That seems like an accurate description; the décor virtually drips with all things Spanish. The lighting is low. The tapas are meant to be shared and the tables seem to invite groups to sit down and enjoy. As a solo diner, I did not feel as welcome. I was seated at the “chef’s table”, a nice phrase for a bar facing the prep area with your back to all the excitement of the main dining area. Happily, the food made up for my unfortunate seating. I had the charred lamb chops with olive oil and rosemary, served on fabada. I also had a crusty bread with mushrooms, figs and manchego cheese. The lamb chops were especially wonderful – still rare under that charred exterior. If I lived in San Diego, I would go back to have those several times a month.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in here on the suggestion of our hotel bar manager. We intended on having just one drink at the bar before heading somewhere else for dinner. Our bartender Carrie was wonderful. She suggested the sangria for me and the midnight mojito for my husband. All I have to say is "yum". They were both so good we ended up each getting a second one. Then we decided to have a couple of tapas. Again Carrie had great suggestions. We decided on the seared scallops and the bacon and blue cheese wrapped dates. I can tell you if left to my own decisions the dates wouldn't have been considered but we decided what the heck, let's try them! It was not a mistake- they were delicious!! And the scallops-cooked to perfection! Be daring, give this place a try! And they also give salsa dancing lessons at 8:30 every Wed, Thurs, Fri!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We came here on a Friday night without any reservations and were surprised to get a table. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and location, at gaslamp quarter in San Diego. The seafood paella was great just like the paella that we had when we were in Madrid, Spain. If you want to taste authentic Spanish food when you're in San Diego, come to Sevilla.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a large group and I have to say that the service was very good and fast. The sangria was fine and the food average.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had a nice time, food was good, so we went back for the food. Service was average to below average. Unfortunately, I forgot my jacket. I was shocked to find out they did not have an answer to what happened. Manager did not care at all and even worse, tried to lie. Never mind a complimentary dessert or drinks on the house. Would never step foot in that place again!