“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.”
Review of Saska's

Saska's
Reserve with OpenTable
Saska's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,083 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Description: Saska’s is San Diego's original steakhouse, backed up by more than six decades of grilling meats and mixing drinks. Featuring hand-cut steaks, stiff cocktails, and swanky dining, Saska’s is making a lasting impression on a new generation of patrons by embracing established traditions. As San Diego’s original steakhouse, Saska’s is committed to preserving its status in history as an instantly familiar gathering place for locals in the Mission Beach community.
Canon City, Colorado
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went here at 4pm to make an 8pm reservation. Waited 10 minutes for someone to even come over to us to find out if we needed to be seated or to take a reservation. We made the reservation for 8pm at their Skybar. When we arrived at 7:55 there was a party of 7 already waiting at the front door. We waited about another 10 minutes when a guy popped his head in the door and asked for his party of 7 for the Skybar. He took them to be seated and came back 7-10 minutes later. We told him we had an 8pm reservation for the Skybar and he said "Oh its to cold, Skybar is closed." So we asked for a patio seat and he refused to accomodate that as well only offering a double table in their bar... Seriously?? They weren't even busy!! The service here was awful. From the moment we walked in BOTH times we weren't even greeted. When we went for our reservation not one person bothered to even say "be with you in a moment." Clearly these people needa lesson in customer service. The guy was VERY VERY VERY rude. When he barked at us asking if we were going to take the tables he could push together. Finally we told him no. We wanted to eat outside as we requested in our reservation and would find another establishment. We did not eat here, probably never will. If you are going to charge upwards of 50.00 + you should treat your customers better from beginning to end. You go to a place for an experience and to visit with family or friends. If you can't offer a good experience, get out of the business you are in.

• Visited July 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Seafood Dinner”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice seafood restaurant to end our San Diego trip. We already had some great seafood elsewhere but I really wanted lobster. The calamari was on par with the other restaurants but more expensive. The "garlic bread" was sliced sourdough sandwich bread. The lobster was a huge 12 oz but WAY overcooked (at $40). My husband had the Choppino which was good but a small portion compared to other cities. We spent $100. We should have steered clear and gone to World Famous again. The waiter didn't even ask how our dinner was.

• Visited May 2012
New Mexico
“INCREDIBLE!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I used to live two doors up from Saska's in Mission Beach. It was heaven. My husband and I used to walk down, have GREAT sushi, drink too much beer and walk 20 feet to the beach and then back home.
Last month we went back - and I wondered if it was just a romantic memory given how great everything else was....but the sushi and service was just as AMAZING as I remembered it. Now being back in the desert - it's all I think about.
Great, great sushi in a great location.
Do it - then go for a nice easy stroll down the boardwalk...

• Visited June 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Wednesday Special!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I decided to eat sushi at Saska's before we even knew about the Wednesday special. I went online and saw they had a "coupons" link and that's when I spotted half price sushi rolls from 5:30 to 7 (or 7:30, can't recall right now). It was about 5:15 so we dropped everything and headed over there. It was not busy at all, service was prompt and rolls were delicious. Almost all the sushi rolls were half price. There were a couple exceptions, but they were specialty rolls. They had some good, spicy rolls and the snake roll was very good! I would definitely eat there again. Our four rolls, two beers and sake was $38. You can't beat that!

Brownsburg, Indiana
“Saska's- not just for sushi”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Discovered this restaurant online (with a promo-coupon), and it was only a short stroll from our hotel, at the beach. We were looking for good seafood, but noticed the popularity of their steaks. We chose the "combo" dinners paired with tempura shrimp and scallops. The chowder was flavorful, and our meals delicious! Our server was friendly and did a great job. Would make a point of returning, next time in the San Diego area.