“Brazilian Steak House”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: A trolley station is located on B street. A bus stop is right across from Rei Do Gado.
Description: The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our first experience at a Brazilian steak house. The service was excellent. They answered all of our questions about the different meats being served and were always ready for drinks and anything else we needed. The salad bar was a meal in itself so don't load up on it. I liked the fish soup fried yucca. Only downside was that the elevator was not working to take patrons to the bathroom. It is 2 flights down so it would be difficult for the disabled or elderly. The weekend lunch is the best value.

1  Thank df12

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first time to eat at this restaurant. Service is excellent and the salad bar is extremely good. There are lots of salads already made and fresh shrimp and marinated mushrooms and guacamole and chips, etc. I was very disappointed in the meat. All but one meat was so dried out and flavorless that I could not chew it. All we were getting was the outside crust. After I complained they brought by some meat that was less overdone and I had two little pieces but it was not flavorful or tasty to stay and get other meat. I am not sure if it had been sitting around or they just overcook everything. The drinks were $10.00 each Considering it was 133.92 for two dinners and two drinks it was really really not worth it. It was a very disappointing dinner on our anniversary.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I go to Rei do Gado every time we are in San Diego. Rose is awesome and the rest of the staff is just as amazing! The cuts of meat are simply delicious and we just love the atmosphere. The caipirinhas, filet wrapped in bacon and pao de queijo are our faves! Do yourself a favor and try it more than once!!!

1  Thank heatheryuma
Reviewed May 20, 2013

On week-ends the price is almost $50.00 per person and what you get for it is not worth the money. The variety is there but the food at the buffet was of uneven quality some being there for hours and not very appealing. The variety of the meats is good, but the quality is not consistent and average. I've been there several times before, and if you want to try this type of experience, I recommend you do it for lunch because of cost. For the cost the dessert is extra and the wines are over-priced ($10 for 1/3 glass.)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a decent place to enjoy some nice cuts of meat, but way too noisy. Our initial cuts were done to perfection, spiced right, tender, and moist, but as the evening wore on they became salty and dry. The salad bar was top of the line, but you had to pick your timing to get to it or you couldn't get to it due to the crowd. All in all it was a nice place to try but I am not sure I would go back a second time as there are other area restaurants that can easily stand up to this one.