“my favorite place to eat in SD”

Rei Do Gado Brazilian Steak House
Ranked #112 of 4,768 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: A trolley station is located on B street. A bus stop is right across from Rei Do Gado.
Description: The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.
houston
“my favorite place to eat in SD”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Love this place. I'm not a big meat eater but I love this place. Their salad/buffet bar is so fresh and delicious. The meat is pretty good but the variety is what keeps me coming back. I love that my kids can try so many tasty things.

• Visited January 2012

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
“A must do in San Diego”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

my colleagues and I always cap or annual trip to SD with an incredible meal here. Unbelievable variety and great quality. Not cheap but worth every penny

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jim L
Waterloo, Canada
“Meat, meat, meat....did someone say salad bar?”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you like meat this will be the place for you. I visited on business in 2010 and will be honest in saying I overate due to the non-stop parade of meat on a skewer. The various meats were tasty and the staff very friendly. Enjoyed a brazilian rum drink that I forget the name of and these were also outstanding. To top it all off they had a great salad bar and some wicked desserts. Worth a visit for the meat parade alone!

• Visited June 2012
Southern California
“Transported to brazil”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First off the staff is SO inviting and SO welcoming. I spent Thanksgiving night here as I did not feel like cooking this year and I was in San Diego. I cannot remember having such a wonderful meal in such a wonderful environment. The food, the wine and drinks, the music and the beautiful Brazilian girls are just totally celebrated and together create just the perfect setting! I would love to return here again for a special occasion only as it was a bit over my price range (200 for 4 people, 2 of them kids) Probably only this much because of the special Thanksgiving FEAST! But worth every single penny I assure you! Giant crab legs, mussels, salmon, paella, and it went on and on....My kids loved the men coming over and slicing the meat samples in front of them on the giant skewers with the big knives. Real "manly" like! Even when we drove away my 7 year old was telling me the names of the meats he liked the most.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mommisalami
Oakland, California
“An exceptional experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The food was good and plentiful. The service was also exceptional. It had a fun atmosphere, very comfortable, and the sangria was really a nice additional to the menu.

Visited November 2012