“Super fresh”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed June 10, 2013

While visiting San Diego and staying in the Point Loma area, we wanted to have some good seafood. TripAdvisor informed us of Point Loma Seafoods in the area. This place was not what we were expecting because it's a restaurant as well as a shop to buy fresh fish and seafood. Both my husband and I ordered the fish and chips and they were delicious. You could tell the fish was super fresh. I wish I lived here because I think I would buy fresh seafood here everyday. We went at night, but during the day I'm sure there are nice views from the deck.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a great time at Cabrillo National Monument and asked someone for a place to stop for lunch on our way back to San Diego. They recommended Point Loma Seafoods which was an easy drive from Cabrillo. When we pulled up, we almost left The parking lot was full and we really didn't want to wait to eat. Fortunately we found street parking just a few block away. The place was packed!! We didn't know it was self-service, but that was fine and simply added to the character of the place. We got in line, grabbed a seat outside watching the beautiful boats in the bay and our number was promptly called. The fish fry was great and we really enjoyed the beautiful outside setting.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Read reviews and was a bit apprehensive about going. But recommended by two people that live here. Parking was no problem, friendly and patient with us when ordering. Great view from the upper deck.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent food - my wife and 3 kids enjoyed the food we bought - clam chowder, rolls, jumbo shrimp cocktail & fish and shrimp plates. We also went back a second time to purchase fresh seafood - halibut, grouper, scallops and sashimi-grade salmon as our hotel had a small kitchen - really fresh seafood.
Good location - watching the yachts and enjoying the sea-breeze. Get outside seating!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It used to be much better. Now, the bread that it is used for the sandwiches is horrible and everything is pretty much fried and tasteless. It is also overpriced. Perhaps the management changed? The food was immensely better before the renovations, it used to be one of my favorite seafood places in San Diego. I am truly disappointed...