“A true disappointment with what used to be a sure bet” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Point Loma Seafoods

Point Loma Seafoods
Ranked #35 of 4,534 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
La Jolla, California
“A true disappointment with what used to be a sure bet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

It used to be much better. Now, the bread that it is used for the sandwiches is horrible and everything is pretty much fried and tasteless. It is also overpriced. Perhaps the management changed? The food was immensely better before the renovations, it used to be one of my favorite seafood places in San Diego. I am truly disappointed...

Visited May 2013

North Street, Michigan
“Would have eaten here everyday, if we had discovered it sooner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is not a place to go for a romantic meal or for a sense of privacy while you are dining. It is a place to go if you love seafood! There is an extensive selection of fresh seafood to take home and cook. Too bad that we did not have that ability, because many of the selections, including the New Zealand Green Mussels, looked amazing.

When dinning in, you walk-up to the market counter, after making your selection from the large menu hanging above, and place your order. Like a fast food restaurant, you are given a number which will be called over a loud speaker when it is available for pick-up at the counter.

You can sit inside or out, either on an upper deck overlooking the harbor or an outdoor patio that reminded me somewhat of an A&W Restaurant.

I wanted to be adventurous and try eel, but they were all out. When asked what I wanted instead, who knows why California Roll came out of my mouth? Maybe because it was the closest item on the menu? I've tried various forms of Sushi many times, in many locations, and have hated it each time. I quickly ordered a side of fries, so that I would have something to eat with the Sushi I was destined to hate again.

Au contraire! The California Rolls were a delightful combination of fresh, light ingredients whose flavors complimented each other and melted in my mouth. No overpowering seaweed taste. No stale, clumpy rice. No bad fish taste mixed with unidentifiable other tastes. Just a melt in your mouth essence of the sea and no fishy aftertaste.

The fries were very good, also, and we always appreciate malt vinegar as an available condiment.

My husband deemed his cod as, "The best I've ever tasted." He didn't say much else, as he was too busy eating and smiling.

If we had not arrived so close to closing, which is at 7 PM every evening, I'm sure that we would have made pigs of ourselves and ordered more food. The dilemma would have been whether to get more of the same or try something different from the extensive menu.

Wish that we would have tried this place earlier, instead of our last day in San Diego.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
atlanta
“good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It had been a couple of years that we went for lunch and they seem to have become very organized. Still a fun place to have lunch and their fish is extra ordinary.

Visited May 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our friends invited us for a quick bite to eat. It's a seafood counter where you order and wait for your number to be called. We sat upstairs overlooking the harbor. It was a beautiful sunny day so it was perfect to sit out there. I enjoyed a cold shrimp sandwich with their secret dressing. Very good food . . . nice to enjoy quality seafood in a casual atmosphere.

I will definitely go back the next time I am in San Diego

• Visited May 2013
Mokelumne Hill, California
“A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I eat here every time I am in San Diego and I always order the same thing. A beer and the best grilled fish tacos. They have some of the freshest fish around. The tacos are big enough to share between two people which we always do. All there food looks delicious. They have plenty of seating inside and out. I always enjoy sitting outside, since San Diego usually has the best weather. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013