“A Great Experience and Meal.”
Review of Pampas Bar & Grill

Pampas Bar & Grill
Ranked #906 of 5,165 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were visiting the area on vacation and were told about this restaurant by our hotel down the street. It is located in a strip center and has very little curb appeal. Inside, what a great surprise. We were seated quickly on a Friday night even without a reservation. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the flavor combinations were amazing. The wine list was respectable and the service could not have been better. During our time there, 2 couples did several variations of the Tango on the small dance floor. They had costume changes, spoke just a bit about each dance and were delightful to watch. It was definitely one of the bright spots during our San Diego stay.

1  Thank shellc

Reviewed May 4, 2014

After a later than expected arrival into San Diego, we took the recommendation from the hotel's shuttle driver for dinner. The meal my wife and I had at Pampas Bar & Grill was fantastic! The filet minion was cooked to perfection, the garlic mashed potatoes and grilled brussels sprouts were fantastic sides. We split the 8 oz steak and sides and the caprese salad. With a glass of wine we were out for under $60 with tip! The service was attentive and professional. The dipping sauce which had with the fresh, warm bread was also fantastic on the steak. The fresh herbs and garlic were tangy and delicious. Thank you for the recommendation for this gem!

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Situated in a strip mall next to a small airfield, surrounded by businesses and Navy Housing....what an unexpected treat to have such a glorious restaurant in this neighborhood!
I've been frequenting Pampas for several years now- for both lunch and dinner and can truly say that I've never been disappointed with any aspect of this restaurant. I make it a point to take my out of town guests here- it's that impressive.
The staff is uber-friendly and attentive, the food superb! Start with some empanadas- they are made fresh with your choice of meat (or spinach) and they are almost a meal unto themselves! The chimichurri sauce served with them is to die for!
I'm still debating which of their meat entrees is my favorite, but I can say that every cut I've ever ordered here was cooked to perfection. There is a rib eye with a merlot reduction sauce on it that has almost made me weep with happiness. For those who prefer a poultry dish-the Pollo Marsala is fantastic! The atmosphere is a funky Argentine/Ranch style, and did I mention that they have TANGO nights here? I keep saying I'm going to go to this, but it's always sold out by the time I get around to trying to reserve a table. It must be that fantastic! It has to be. This place doesn't do anything that isn't top notch.
I highly recommend this restaurant for a date night, too. It has a lovely ambience and a nice wine bar.

3  Thank breathleslie
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pleasantly surprised on how good the food was here, normally wouldn't eat Argentine Food as Im pretty picky, tried it with the San Diego Rest. week special they are doing, so I started out with the Mollejas- interesting but good, bread they came out with was also real good, and for the Main Entree I went with the Salmon A la Albahaca, the Chardonnay sauce on it was spectacular and the Salmon was perfect. For desert had the Peach & Dulce de Leche Bread pudding, which was probably one of the best deserts had at a restaurant in a while! Wife had also the Mollejas, and for main entree NY A La Madeira (which I didnt get because of mushrooms on it- so had a bit and it was pretty good, she also had the Peach pudding and really liked it. If we are ever back in the San Diego area we will be back, and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good place to eat!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Food - Fantastic! Grass fed beef-tender and flavorful. Great drinks and low prices at Happy hour. I've eaten here 3 times in the last couple of weeks and always have been pleased by the food and the excellent service. These nice people seem to really enjoy taking care of their customers-a rare thing these days! And the lunch prices are about $10 an entree. You would spend that in a deli for a sandwich and chips. We went for happy hour last night, and sat outside on their little patio. It was great! They have $4 wine or beer, and margaritas for about $6. Pitchers of mojitos for only $15.

Been to Pampas Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!