“Great service and enjoyed the food”
Review of Osteria Panevino

Osteria Panevino
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Panevino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,894 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On 5th between F & G
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a party of 6, including our young 12 year old friend and her grandparents who are 88 and 92 respectively. A wide range of culinary tastes, but there was something for everyone to enjoy. We were seated promptly - our waitress was attentive, making sure we had drinks, menu's and anything else we needed. Food was served in a timely manner: Our 12 year old guest, who loves ceasar salads, pronounced with surety that "this is the best ceasar salad I've ever had" our main dishes included a couple of specials for the evening, the sea bass with a spicy red sauce which my better half enjoyed; and a risotto with clams, mussels & shrimp in a creamy garlic sauce - the lobster ravioli; potato gniochi and the bowtie pasta were devoured by all. I had the canole for desert, it was wonderful.

We will be returning for sure - a nice find in the heart of the Gas Lamp!

\

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Coming from an Italian family I find it hard to find great italian food when I go out. but this place had the goods. And the service was a++++. we were really disappointed to see a couple beside us leave after a few minutes when they didnt recieve their menus, they may have been a couple of minutes slower giving the menus but that is because you get the great spiel to go with it, just like you do in italy. and that couple REALLY missed out because of their impatience. Osteria Panevino was a great little find on a saturday night on our last trip to San Diego and we'll be heading back there on our next trip in October.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

From appetizer to dessert, the food and service was excellent! Nice patio seating. Best spinach ravioli I've ever had!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The best meal we had in San Diego. We eat out a great deal and I can say this is one of the better meals I have had in recent memory. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was good. The pricing was also competitive. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great food sitting outside watching the people on the street. What could be better than that? A great staff to compliment the evening. Oso Buco was outstanding.