“Good Ossobuco Milanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Panevino

Osteria Panevino
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Panevino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On 5th between F & G
New Jersey
“Good Ossobuco Milanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

For the past several years I have been returning to one of my many favorite Italian restaurants in the Gas Lamp district. I arrived by myself around 6:30pm without a reservation. The place was not busy. I opted to sit outside under the heat lamps to enjoy the happy hour with a glass of their house red wine and to observe the passersby.

I ordered my usual $36 ossobuco Milanese, a veal shank slowly braised with red wine and diced vegetables and served over a bed of saffron risotto. Did I say I love risotto? The ossobuco was as I remember it from last year, just as good.

Table service is consistently good here as was the case today. My total bill was a very affordable $50 so I left very full and satisfied.

I will return.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Tony J

San Mateo, California
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wonderful Italian food with delicious pork loin and vanilla bean gelato - service was very fast and came piping hot - would eat thereagain.

Visited March 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“Felt like home in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by Giovanni, our waiter. I was able to speak Italian and order our meal. He was so friendly. I wish he could have joined us! All of the servers there are from Polermo, Italy.

Our meal, delisioso!

Visited March 2013
Hope, Canada
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Although - authentic Italian servers and staff but the food we had was aweful:(
The bartender didnt know a dark beer from a can of corn. the seafood dish we had was dried out and tough. The service and pasta was good but overall not a good way to drop $85 on a shared meal. We won;t be back

• Visited February 2013
United States
“Perfect Italian dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great food, excellent service, good selection of wines. Deserts are fantastic! I would have appreciated a few "simpler" dishes for a smaller hunger.

Visited February 2013

Been to Osteria Panevino? Share your experiences!