“Excellent in every way!”

Mama Cella's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #534 of 5,746 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We were recently out in California for a family funeral. We stopped in here one night on the recommendation of family who lives in Rancho Bernardo. The food was excellent. Couldn’t have asked for a better meal. The service was great.
Would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 11, 2019

Wanted to find a great pizza near Rancho Bernardo and found Mama Cella's. The thin crust pizza was very good with a tasty sauce. What we didn't expect was to find a great little Italian Restaurant.

The place was packed with an older Italian clientele on a Sunday night. The Lasagna was excellent, the spaghetti and meatballs - excellent, Garlic Bread fantastic. There were lots of other great menu selections that we couldn't get to, but they all looked awesome coming out of the kitchen.

Easy to find so check it out. And oh yeah, the service was fast and friendly.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2018

Whether you want pizza, pasta, egg plant parmigiana or chicken parmigiana; you can find it here at Mama Cella's. Large portions...food served quickly and hot...very tasty.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 18, 2018

Both my wife and I took half of our serving and enjoyed a second meal the next day. Looking forward to another visit there.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018

I feel I'm a bit of an Italian food snob, after living in Italy for 5 years. I was pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. It's not a fancy restaurant and looks from the outside like a hole in the wall. It is not. This is actually the best Italian food I've had since I lived overseas. I am heading back to San Diego in Dec and definitely plan to return. It was delicious and I got full pretty quickly. I also had a nice glass of Moscato to go with my meal. The staff is also friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Mama Cella's Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!