“Good Craft Beer”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Craft Beer”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stopped at some of the microbreweries in SD and liked this one the most. This is a nice and relaxed place to meet or socialize. I didn't eat but will say that they have a nice menu for a casual place and all the food that came out of the kitchen looked great.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Free beer flights kept showing up at our table.

Okay, we went here because it was close, but had a truly fantastic, memorable meal.

The crab cakes were the best I have had. I am not a big fan of crab cakes, but the sauce these ones made the dish for me. Also, the fried calamari was another really good choice as an app.

I ordered the brick chicken, and my husband had the steak. We both loved our picks.

My husband was in a beer lovers paradise, while I enjoyed the small beer pairings that were offered to us throughout the meal. I am not into alcohol, but I did enjoy a few sips that night.

I passed on dessert, and I watched my husband dig into a sundae/split with cinnamon-crusted plantains and banana chips. Wow. Too bad I was too full to indulge!

Coffee was bitter, but I rarely find coffee I like in restaurants.

Oh! The gardens are gorgeous, too. Well worth checking out.

• Visited September 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“Beer & Good Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food was very good here and their brewed beers are delicious. The service was very good, the server made great suggestions and paired our appetizer, entrees and dessert with great beers. We would go back.

• Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“Amazing wedding venue!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter was married at Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens over the weekend. She chose this place because of the value and what it included...having a cake (they went with the delicious Eidelweiss Bakery) and the DJ included was a huge bonus! You will receive a packet with suggestions for other vendors, we didn't use any of these because we had a friend do the photography and chose our own florist. I have to mention Lori from Blossoms...she did a fantastic job with the flowers and no one could tell they were made on a budget...really beautiful! Helen, the main event coordinator was wonderful and was always quick to reply to phone calls or emails. Monica, the coordinator the day of the rehearsal and wedding was beyond amazing! She helped make the whole day run smoothly. We were able to just enjoy the day without worrying about all the little details. The staff at Karl Strauss is so professional and everyone was friendly.

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! I know the pictures will be beautiful. It's such a pretty, intimate, cozy place for a wedding.The food was sooo good, the cake was yummy and the DJ kept the night going and everyone danced all night long. I can't say enough about this place...it exceeded my expectations and my daughter was glowing all night long from happiness. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a wedding venue....you won't be disappointed. Everyone raved about the venue and the food. If I could give more stars I would!

• Visited August 2013
minnesota
“Best fish and chips!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband had the fish and chis the first night while I had a salmon salad. Lovely chunk of salmon but not very exciting salad. His fish and chips were fantastic! We went back the next night so that all of us could get the fish and chips. Great beer and wine selection but other meal items were only ok.

Visited August 2013