“Fabulous Service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Burnaby, Canada
“Fabulous Service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went here for lunch the day of my boyfriend's 30th birthday and had excellent service. When the waitress asked for his I.D. she actually noticed that it was his birthday and proceeded to explain that he would receive a free beer and souvenir glass. He really enjoyed the beer sampler as well as his free beer and our lunch was delicious. What was most memorable though was how we were treated by the staff that day. They truly made our experience an excellent one.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Arizona
“Can vouch for the beer”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stopped in for just a beer after a Padres game - we were staying a block away at the Westin San Diego @ W Broadway and Columbia. Scored an outside table. Server made good recommendations and was personable. Even though we did not eat food we felt comfortable taking up a table spot. Certainly worth checking out if in the neighborhood.

• Visited August 2013
Pembroke Pines
“Fabulous Happy Hour”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stopped by with my brewery touring daughter & son-in-law. They are considered experts in the field. We just happened to arrive in time for the Cask tapping & happy hour. On Thursdays, Karl Strauss has what is known as Cask Night. At 5 pm there is a small ceremony & the cask (11 gal. container) is opened & complimentary glasses are offered. The beer is a specially brewed, fresh one. Cask beer is considered to be smoother than keg beer. (Who knew?) KS is a nano-brewery, one of several in this family, in CA, & has 10 beers on tap as well as 1/2 gal. growlers to go. Happy hour is M-Th, 3-6 pm, with $4 beers & $5 appetizers. The crispy calamari was excellent, & the black garlic fondue was out of this world! Wish we had the time to order more of the appetizers. The atmosphere - noisy, like a large cocktail party with well dressed clients, but no problem with casual attire, seating is crowded; outside seating is available in a beautiful garden area. If you plan to go, map quest, since it's not easy to find, but very worth finding.

• Visited June 2013
Escondido, California
“Family Dinner”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I just don't know why people go to karl strauss to eat. I don't drink so I can't rate the beer. The food is below average.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great place if you are in the area”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Karl Strauss is directly across from the office building for our San Diego office. People told me it was a good place but I didn't have a chance to go until a few trips ago. Since then, I try to eat at "Building K" as my co-workers call it at least once (lunch or dinner) when I am there. This trip I ate there three times in three days. It wasn't planned but since the menu is so diverse, I did not get tired of it. They have a good selection of salads, burgers, other entrees. The food quality is high and the dishes are well executed. Also a good beer selection if you are a beer fan. A little on the pricey side... the farmhouse burger is about $15 but it is delicious grass-fed beef with fried pork belly, a fried egg, Gruyere cheese and chipotle ale mayo, but it is delicious.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Karl Strauss Brewing Company? Share your experiences!