“great way to spend an evening”

Humphreys Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Humphreys Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 4,894 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rosecrans Street
Transit: Within 1/2 mile
Description: Long regarded in San Diego and abroad as one of the city's finest waterfront restaurants, Humphreys Restaurant features Modern Global Cuisine at its finest and overlooks the marina on beautiful San Diego Bay. After dinner, dance the night away in our adjacent Backstage Music Club to the finest live entertainment San Diego has to offer. Reservations made online are for the dining room only. Sunday Brunch: $43.95 for Adults and free for Children 4-12. If you want to enjoy the live jazz during your brunch, the reservation can not be made online.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

a little $$$ but the intimate atmosphere makes it worthwhile. you have to book early to get good seats so get on their mailing list!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Even when we were almost 1 hour late..........and they couldn't have been nicer. Brunch/dinner buffet was fabulous. We ate nothing healthy (no fruit or veggies even tho there were plenty to choose from). Filled our plates with oysters, shrimp, salmon, turkey OMG Then it was to the dessert table. My favorite was the bread pudding....don't miss it. One suggestion....please offer N/A beer for those that don't drink champagne or alcohol. That was the only disappointment.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My man and I visited the Humphreys Restaurant to find ourselves in a quiet place with beautiful decor and amazing food. He ordered Truffled Salmon from Shetland and I ordered a Seafood Risotto, both things were perfectly cooked and had a good presentation without that "Fine Dining - Super Small - Mega Detailed with Flowers" feeling. My risotto was the best I've ever had! I did not enjoy the sourdough bread as much as I wish but it was OK. Will surely return here if I have the opportunity.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Wonderful place to see a concert, sound and bar service/food all very nice. Really our only suggestion would be to improve the hard plastic lawn chairs with something slightly more comfortable. We always enjoy our time at Humphrey's by the Bay.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went to Shelter Island by bus (29 from Oldtown) to see The Script on a Friday evening. Got there early and, even though it was busy, got drinks and food at the bar listening to the live entertainment. Venue was great for the Script, pity we can't get small outdoor venues like this in the UK for such Bands. Wonderful setting on the Bay. Support Pkband were good as well. Fabulous evening, missed last bus but got taxi back from Shelter Island.