“great fish”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Gulf Coast Grill
Reviewed January 27, 2012

nice surprise with tasty food, lots of fresh fish

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Cajun food in San Diego? Yes! Wonderful atmosphere--decorations, music, layout such that it's not too crowded, not too loud, but buzzing with friendly people. Service excellent but not overbearing with a choice of sitting indoors or the outdoor patio. Hushpuppies, gumbo, jambalaya, blackened fish or chicken were done very well. If you like it more spicy, they have a chili sauce you can add; also try their IPA from Louisiana which is perfect with Cajun food. Get there early and it's easy to park and no waiting. Very reasonable, great find for us locals.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

Whether you decide on a hurricane or go for the awesome catfish, you wil not be disappointed. I actually lived in Baton Rouge and I can be quite skeptical reagarding so called Cajun Restaurants. This place reminds me of Drucilla's in the Red Stick City. Loved the service, met the owner and his wife who did whatever possible to make our experience perfect. I will be back for seconds.

Reviewed January 23, 2010

A classy but casual place with great blues playing in the background. We love the chowder and hushpuppies most, like no other. Entrees are a touch pricey but what I have had was very good. Nice bar plus outdoor dining if you like. One of our favorite places.

Reviewed April 14, 2009

I read a review that said this place was under new management and was horrified because I used to be a regular when I lived around the corner. My husband and I went to have our usual 2 bowls of chowder an appetizer and a dessert and it was the same as always! The chowder is amazing! Not not any other chowder and hard to compare as it's a little spicy and has bacon in it. Pure heaven. Our appetizers were wonderful, hush puppies and fried green tomatoes. The sourdough bread is delicious too... I think we had them bring out bread four times. For dessert I love the warm peach cobbler with icecream. Doesn't get any better. I'm going back on Friday to get some bread pudding and more chowder.