“Lobster Bisque”

Fat Fish Cantina Grill
Ranked #84 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Cross street: Garnet
Transit: There are numerous bus routes to our restaurant.
Description: Fat Fish Cantinagrill combines Southern California cooking trends and the flavor-driven culinary style of our neighbors to the South. We are an eatery that's motivated to be a leader in affordable dining at the beach, inspired by seasonal harvests from the freshest Pacific seafood & California farm lands, with prime aged beef and local fresh poultry. Our space can accommodate a wide range of events and party sizes. Let us plan your next gathering and we will carefully select the perfect menu items to accomodate your friend, family, and business occasions.
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Good Mexican food. Great wait staff. The dining room was very cold though, we were looking for a place to warm up on a cold rainy night. GUYS, THE LOBSTER BISQUE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! You have to try it!!! I think that's all I will order next time, it is served with some flaky type beead baked on top of the dish. Amazing!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fat fish cantina is the perfect casual place for lunch, happy hour or dinner. Food is good and fairly priced, service is friendly. Perfect spot for family or friends. Just show up in your flip flops and shorts and enjoy a margarita on their outdoor patio. I recommend their HUGE fish burritos. Valet parking is available in the evening. This restaurant is one of the best in Pacific Beach.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food was very good. The service was also very good. I like the layout of the restaurant as part of it was inside and part outside. The rustic decor was cool. There was a spanish speaking family that was eating next to us and they were very entertaining as they were similar to an Italian family, loud, outspoken and funny, it was awesome.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Order the lettuce wrap appetizer - that was good. The tacos were "okay" - nothing spectacular. My husband ordered the ahi appetizer - said it was just "okay" and he had the Sea Bass (recommended) for dinner - it was watery (frozen) and had way too much "stuff" on top of the fish. A case of too many ingredients ruins a dish! Too bad - it sounded great on paper.... but, the food was not the best. If you just go for drinks and appetizers, you should have a great time. Just skip dinner.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just want to congratulate this amazing restaurant for feeding me the best Mexican food I have had in years! I like the idea of Mexican food, but I never found any place that fed me good Mexican that is actually worth the calories. This place is beautiful as well. The spicy carnitas lettuce wraps were so delicious! And the tacos were to die for. I also was very impressed with their margaritas because I don't like any margaritas except my own. I hate the pre-mixed drinks and anything too sweet, and their margaritas were none of the above, which led me to drink 3. Great job!