“Mega”
Review of Dublin Square Pub

Dublin Square Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Dublin Square Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #583 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Dublin Square Irish Pub & Grill doesn't just look like a piece of Ireland-it actually is a piece of Ireland. Before getting shipped across the Atlantic Ocean to its home in the Gaslamp Quarter, the pub was manufactured on the island by O'Sullivan Interiors. What's more, it's based on an authentic pub whose roots stretch back to the early 1700s. Guests can experience this homage by sidling up to the Irish oak bar, or toasting themselves next to the cast-iron fireplace in the Victorian Lounge. Of course, the food and drink are likewise Irish-inspired: beer-battered fish and chips, Guinness-braised beef, and an Irish lamb stew loaded with potatoes, onions, carrots, and fresh Colorado lamb. On certain nights, the pub buzzes with trivia competitions, karaoke performances, and sets from live bands. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Desserts!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

From service to beer and food excellent
Spotless too
Passed other Irish bars and thank god we did this was by far the best lots more atmosphere
Also not bothered by passers by like some bars in gas lamp quarter just wished I would have saved room for a pudding and an Irish coffee .
Was on the way to the yardhouse but couldn't bring myself to leave

There are newer reviews for Dublin Square Pub

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is truly and authentic pub experience. We dropped in for afternoon snacks and were not disappointed. We shared the mini beef boxty, and the Irish meat pies, and were delighted. The beef in the boxty was so tender and flavorful, and the meat pies were flaky and tasty. The beer selection was extensive, but they sport a full bar and some really lovely Irish whiskeys! We went twice!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the minute you walk in, your engulfed in live traditional Irish music, the smell of great food, and quite attractive servers in very short skirts. I ordered the Irish seasoned burger with bacon and egg. AMAZING! I've never had a burger seasoned quite that way, one of the three best burgers I have ever had! They also have an extensive selection of bottle and draft beers.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had been here before but it was a while ago. Read something about it in an article some where recently, we decided to try it again.
The Food: We shared a tri-tip beef on Crostini and an order of onion rings. The Crostini was well presented and had a good taste, but the beef cubes were a little tough for that cut of beef. The onion rings are said to be beer battered and that may be. But we had the impression they were made on premise. But the uniformity makes me think they were frozen. They are large and served with a small ramekin of honey mustard sauce. So small it was impossible to dip the large onion ring in it without breaking the ring down some how. The taste was okay.

The Service: over-all it just lagged. After dropping off the menus, because we weren't immediately ready to order, it took a while for the server to return. And took a bit longer than expected to bring the food out. And after that, my server disappeared. Empty beer glasses, cleaned plates on my table and the server was no where to be found. After walking by 3 or 4 times, another server offered to clear the dirty plates, and I asked to see the check.
The check was presented and I was reaching for my wallet, the server just walked away. She passed by me a minute later, looked directly at us as I held my credit card in the air but she walked straight to another table where she was obviously with some friends as she wasn't delivering food or drink; nor taking an order. After involving the bartender I was able to pay my check.

NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: another round of beers was a probability. As was an order of Bread Pudding I was anxious to try. Your poor service definitely cost you revenue on this visit. And pretty much rules out any visit in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great place. Try the Boxty (sp?). Have been there twice, and the food is excellent. The service is quick. I am not a beer drinker, but I understand the beer is good. There are many restaurants in this area, and clearly this one stands out in a crowded field.