“big and tasty...”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J street and K Street
Transit: San Diego Trolley - Convention Center / Gaslamp
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

If you want to experience a restaurant where the joke is on you, this place is for you!

I'm happy that I can finally say that I ate at a Dick'sRestaurant - the experience is similar as kissing the high school (w)hore. Everyone kissed her, too, but you wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

Some Dick'sRestaurants are bigger than others. Mine was pretty big. At first glance, it looked small, but as it got closer, I realized how big it really was. I had a mouthful of the mushroom balls - they were delicious! I ordered a banana margarita, too, but I had difficulties swallowing it.

All kidding aside, Dick'sRestaurant tries very hard to be rude on purpose as a spoof of a bad service restaurant. However, the jokes are really intended for a younger crowd - early twenties to mid thirties. Otherwise, this is not a restaurant for you! Please do not take the children or grandparents, either. Trust me, you will regret it.

The food and drinks were ok at best. Remember, you are paying for the entertainment not the food. Expect to pay $50 bucks or more each.

If you are on vacation and are looking for something completely different in a restaurant, Dick'sRestaurant is for you!!! You have to have an offbeat humor to fully enjoy this restaurant. If you are sensitive to dirty adult jokes, do not visit, you will be sorry - trust me!!!

I will never dine there again for the same reason why I never kissed the high school (w)hore again.

There are newer reviews for Dick's Last Resort

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Pretty fun place, pretty good food, and a friendly crowd. Nothing exceptional but worth checking out.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with our friends and we were warned by the man on the door that the servers took liberties with the customers. The floor was covered in paper napkins, and most of those eating were wearing large paper hats with a derogatory comment written by the server about the person wearing it. We got the same treatment and our comments were very funny. The food when it arrived was hot and very tasty.

All in all it was a very pleasant if different experience and it may not be to everyone's taste. Just go with it. We did and enjoyed it

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Just another good 'ol Dick's venue in the Gaslamp area of San Diego. Worth a visit if you want nothing more that a beer 'n burger. They have a decent selection of small/independant brewery beer and an acceptable bar style food menu. Not necessarily a place to take young children as the banter from the staff can get a little extreme.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ever go to a restaurant and have a bad experience? Of course, we all have! Dick's does it on purpose. I think the name of the restaurant says it all. It's a spoof of the worst dining experiences you've had! If it's your first time they make a gigantic dunce type hat for you out of butcher paper with an obnoxious and/or rude saying on it. The wait-staff are rude and sarcastic - but it's intentional - and if you take it as such you'll have a great time! The food was on par with Chili's, Applebees, TGI Fridays, etc.; in my opinion nothing to write home about, but good. The experience IS something to write home about, and I did - to EVERYONE I know! A "MUST" experience, and I'm glad I did!