“LOUD BUT DECENT FOOD AND VERY GOOD SERVICE”
Review of Dick's Last Resort - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J street and K Street
Transit: San Diego Trolley - Convention Center / Gaslamp
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are easily offended or dislike a LOUD atmosphere, this is not the place for you. However, on our visit the staff were fun, friendly, amusing, grouchy, etc., etc. Having been to a Dick's before, I knew what to expect and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was antagonistic (in a funny way) and he took very good care of us during our visit. The food was pretty good and it is a low key, casual place that doesn't care if you drop (or even throw) things on the floor. If you want a quiet meal/evening, this is not your place. However, if you are looking to go out with friends/family and have a fun time without worrying what anyone thinks or says, this is definitely the place for you.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place really should be a last resort! We went here as a large group and didn't know what to expect. I can deal with sarcasm and the waiter being a bit of a dick but this really was awful. Whilst playing up to their name they should also provide some sort of service to their customers, especially if they add a large percent of gratuity for large groups such as ours. A member of our group asked for some water as soon as we sat down to eat and received it (after the waiter had been seen tampering with it and suspected to have added salt!) when everyone had finished their meal! Ok he wanted to have a laugh but to leave someone without a drink for the whole of their meal isn't acceptable.

They throw the menus and other items at you which is funny the first time but after that it's just plain boring. My partner got hit in the face by a menu and other items. The waiter slammed my drink down which resulted in me getting covered in coke. The sarcasm and banter whilst talking is okay but these over the top behaviour just ruined what should have been a fun experience.

The food was pretty rubbish. I could have got better food that was cheaper elsewhere.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Dick's patio appeared to be a good place for a large group to sit at a long picnic table and have dinner together. Our waiter suggested that three of us share two crab-cake dinners which saved us money and were tasty. But that was definitely his best move. He spent a good deal of time being rude. The hand-written message on a hat he made for me was so "crude", I hid it under the table. He brought several copies of the total bill and threw them on the table for us, the customers, to figure out. I call this experience Grin-and-Bear-it -- wouldn't go back even if I lived in San Diego.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch while on vacation, we had really great service and enjoyed some good local beers recommend by our waiter however the food was only OK (burger, cheese fires and chicken wrap) - typical bar food which we've seen done much better.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Prefer a fake friendly-stiff service? Not the place for you. Waiters are supposed to be obnoxious, and you can give it back to them! More fun this way. Food is o.k. My colleague had a pretty good steak, I would not get the fish and chips again too much batter and oil for my taste. Hats and stuff, napkins all over the floor add to the casual-crazy atmosphere. Device was actually fast - they practically throw the food onto your table and let you sort it out. I guess it saves time.