“Good decor, very expensive and average food”

De Medici Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
De Medici Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 4,894 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: F Street
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a pleasant dinner in this restaurant. However, we did not enjoy the Italian cuisine very much over there. Although the house wine was very good. The location is excellent. It is on the main street in SD downtown and we opted to sit outside facing the road. They had put nice heaters above the table and hence it kept us warm. The main thing that did not appeal us was the bill. As soon as we saw the bill, we realized that the food was not at all worth the price.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here because we were tired of walking. It turned out to be the best decision of the night. The pasta was fantastic. My husband had calamari in every bite. Both of us were very impressed. I will definitely go back next time I visit San Diego.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I were in San Diego for vacation and just walked around the Gaslamp until we found De Medici. Excellent service and excellent food. I would definitely recommend De Medici to anyone who is traveling to San Diego!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went as a guest of a client and was impressed with the experience Not the best Italian food in the world but still very good none the less. I agree with some of the previous postings the interior is a bit dated and 60ish, however the big chairs were comfortable and once seated the food and service made up for any short comings in decor. The food was very good and the service very attentive without being obtrusive. I had the specialty of the house the Sole which was cooked perfectly. Others had various pasta dishes which they all complemented. The made at the table Caesar salad was very good and not to oily as a lot of places tend to do. Our waiter was attentive and knew the menu and was able to guide one of our tablemates that had a severe food allergy to a dish that allowed him to also enjoy the food and the evening. Prices are in line with a fine dining restaurant of this type caliber. I was amazed that the place was only half full, but were there on a Monday night and there was no large convention in town
Over all I was impressed and will come back next time I am in the Gas Lamp district and would recomend it to others.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The very best food in all of San Diego! The presentation and service were excellent! It was a lovely setting. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any who love a beautiful sit down meal!