“hit or miss”

Andiamo Restaurant
Ranked #2,437 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glendale, California
“hit or miss”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had only one issue with this restaurant and that was my salad was not great. I ordered the pear and gorgonzola salad as my main dish. The pears were too hard and were not ready to eat yet, the dressing was pretty average and there were very few candied walnuts in it and I dont think I saw any pineapple (the menu says it has pineapple in it). It's not a cheap salad but it was pretty blah... Now the appetizers were yummy. I could have had a whole meal of the stuffed artichokes and brussel sprouts. So this is why I say it's hit or miss. I dont know if I would go there again, there are plenty of other great restaurants and this one is really just OK.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank racgeo

Manassas, Virginia
“Excellent Place”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Tucked away in a strip mall in the Tierrasanta area os San Diego is this little gem. Not super fancy but an excellent atmosphere. Very friendly staff. Very nice menu and all of our meals were excellent. A good wine list. Beer offerings are limited but all are quality choices. And the prices are very reasonable! Took the family just prior to Christmas. My CA family has become regulars there and it is easy to see why.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!

• Visited December 2012
san diego, CA
“classy and delicious”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for special occasions for over 15 years since I first moved to San Diego. You would think it is just a neighborhood eatery but you would be wrong. It is a date type atmosphere but equally comfortable for families, indoors or on the patio. One of my brothers travels to Italy frequently and when we took him to Andiamo he said it was one of the best Italian restaurants he had ever been to. That is high praise, believe me as he has been eating at Italian restaurants all over the US and Italy. There is nothing on the menu that is not delicious.

• Visited April 2012
Lincoln, California
“Pleasant but Service could improve”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This restuarant is near where our daughter lives so we sometimes eat there. We just visited in September and decided to walk over to Andianmo's. We love Italian food and we were disappointed in the selection etc. I would encourage the owner to update their menu and service. The decor seems dated. We will probably eat at Andiamo's again because its handy but not because the food is memeorable.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cookieladyBayArea
san diego, ca
“A real find off the beaten path”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This restaurant has been open over ten years with the same chef offering his specialties. Restaurant is located in a strip mall just off the 52 freeway-hidden behind a Valero gas station.! It is worth a visit...moderately priced and informal. Window coverings block out the gas station! Pizzas are northern Italan authentic, and the veal picatta is excellent. A nice presentation..we dine there at least once a month. .

• Visited February 2012