“Overpriced for average food”

Postcards American Bistro
Ranked #998 of 4,989 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Not much else to say than the title, It was expensive and just average food.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Came here looking for a Vegi Burger and it ended up not being that good. It was a small patty of vegetable based vegi patty that was dry and not exciting.

On the other hand, their other food was good. The mushroom soup had a verity of mushrooms and was very good. The roasted chicken with the barley rice and mushroom mixture was also very good.

The restaurant is located in the hotel lobby and was very slow for a busy convention in town. And the service was also good.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had a lunch & dinner at this restaurant when I stayed here over the summer! I enjoyed it so much that I decided to treat a co-worker to a fabulous lunch!

The remember the breakfast was really great, and we had a beef tip special that was really good! The lunch really has some great selections! I had the Pork Bahn Mi & my co-worker had the Savannah, absolutely fantastic!

This is truly a hidden gem in San Diego & has quickly moved up to be one of my favorite restaurants & I'm sure it'll turn into one your favorites as well!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 25, 2008

The food here is the best. Presentation, flavor, selection, price. I travel all over the world and this small hotel restaurant has a menu on par with many big international cities know for their cuisine. You must give this a try if you are in San Diego, CA.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We stayed at the Handerly Hotel where the restaurant is located. Although there was no complimentary breakfast, we did purchase breakfast there the first night of our stay.

Room service charged a $2 delivery fee (before tip), so we called our order in and then picked it up, and there was no extra charge.

I had the two egg breakfast with sausage, and substituted the hash browns for fruit. The fruit was plentiful and delicious, plus I was not charged extra to upgrade to fruit. The sausage, while slightly over done, was heartly. My eggs, cooked to medium were cooked correctly. My total with a bottle of water was around $15 dollars.

My friend had the chocolate waffle topped with marscapone cheese and strawberries. The waffle was almost the size of a dinner plate, just the right texture and was delicious topped with the creamy cheese. Had we dined there again, I think I might have gotten it the next time!