“Side Bar SUCKS for Corporate Events or any Events”
Review of Side Bar

Side Bar
Ranked #158 of 210 Nightlife in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Zhongshan, China
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Side Bar SUCKS for Corporate Events or any Events”
Reviewed March 16, 2006

This bar is terrible. We had our corporate event there and they were awful. Its mainly the people that work there and the service. I suggest anyone who lives in San Diego or visiting should avoid this place. They are extremely rude and impolite. Service is non-existent. They think they are so hot, but really they are but another bar. In the future we will take our business elsewhere. No one needs grief like this.

They treated our team with a [...] poor attitude, and we wont soon forget that. They didn't serve us at all, we had to go to the bar to get drinks. We were running a tab, and they didn't want to serve us. They were extremely rude to us in there attitude and behaviour. We should have cussed them out and left. They took a drink away from one of our colleagues cause he tripped on a step. Its crazy, one thing after another.

San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Snobby Sidebar”
Reviewed August 8, 2004

I had a group of friends visiting and had selected Sidebar because it appeared to be a hip and sleek bar downtown that also served reasonably priced pizzas and salads. First off, I wasn't on the reservation list despite two separate conversations with someone at the restaurant two weeks prior. We were there for a bachelorette party and the owner requested that we hide some of our 'bachelorette type things' so the rest of his customers wouldn't see them (there were only 10 other people in the whole place). They gave us funny looks when we ordered champagne and then made us wait an extra 1/2 hour for a table, only to be told that we had to be done by 10 p.m. because were sitting at a $500 table (which we already knew hence our eagerness to get seated). The saving grace? The pizza was wonderful but you can get that next door at Ciro's (the same owner--which out of spite I will probably not visit but would love to). Overall, they were incredibly snobbish and rude and I would not recommend this place to anyone. There are a lot of great bars downtown San Diego and it's amazing that anyone would return to this place, I know I never will.

5 Thank rach