“DO NOT MISS!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is the spot for Breakfast if you are going to the Zoo... We found this through a quick search of the route to the Zoo from the 8. It far exceeded all expectations. You can not go wrong with the pancakes that should be served on pizza pans, the corn cake with jalapenos should not be missed. The Bugs Benny was another winner... The best thing to do is go in a group and order things to share. We enjoyed the meal so much we went out of our way to eat there the very next day!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We ate here while waiting on our hotel room to be ready at Balboa Park Inn around 1:30 pm on a Saturday. We walked there from the hotel and got a table right away. The portions are large, but I'm a huge fan of breakfast and everything was really good. Service was great as well. Cute funky place.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I, along with my husband, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and two-year-old niece, went to Cafe on Park around 12:30PM on a weekday before visiting the zoo. The restaurant was highly rated on several websites, and we were pleased that somewhere close was still serving breakfast since a few of us wanted the option. The biggest hit at the table was the Captain Crunch and blackberry pancake that my niece ordered. I'm fairly certain my husband and brother-in-law ate more of it than she did! My traditional breakfast of turkey sausage links (great smoked flavor) with two eggs and potatoes was delicious, though I had enough potatoes to feed an army. The macaroni and cheese with meatloaf and the Mexican hash were also enjoyed by our group, though the tortilla soup did not seem to impress my sister-in-law. Overall, we had a great family experience, and I will be back if I am ever in the Balboa Park area again. Tip: Be sure to try to strawberry jam!

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife got the number four burger for lunch and it was delicious they give you a huge portions it's a little bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Living in the neighborhood, we have been to this restaurant several times. The food is good, not great. The portions are huge and you will probably not be able to eat it all. We went on a Saturday at almost at noon. There was no wait to get seated but the place was full. They have added on a 2nd section since being there last time so that is probably the reason there was no line to get seated.

The most annoying thing was how loud and shrill it was inside the place. It was hard to talk to the person across from you. Everything in the place is steel and concrete so the sound is very loud and echos, you can hear everyone trying to talk louder so they can be heard. By the time we got out our ears were ringing. Not sure how the waiters can take this all day. I've certainly have a headache if I were them.

If you are looking for a nice cozy, quiet, relaxing place to eat, this is not the place. Will not be going back there again. There are some better restaurants in the area.