“excellent service & food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bully's East

Bully's East
Reserve with OpenTable
Bully's East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #723 of 4,561 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Cross street: Texas Street
Transit: Located on Texas Street directly out front of Bully's East there are two bus stops, one heading South up Texas Street and one heading North down towards Qualcomm Way.
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“excellent service & food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

hubby and I were looking for a good, local restaurant. The hotel concierge recommended Bully's East. I'm glad we went despite some of the reviews. The food was excellent! I had the Horseradish Crusted Prime Rib. It was cooked to perfection and could almost be cut with the fork alone. Hubby had the Prime Rib and King Crab. He said it was great.
We arrived on the early side (still on east coast time) and were originally given lunch menus - our waitress was happy to give us dinner menus. Service was very pleasant and attentive.
Would go back again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

San Diego CA
“Great Prime Rib and surprisingly good burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Iconic place for some of the best prime rib you will find in town. The burgers are great for lunch. The parking is a bit itght, but be patient and you will find some, so do not just drive away. The bar is a bit small, but you are there for the food.

Visited December 2012
Tucson,AZ
“Bully's Customer for Nearly 50 Years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Although this review is about a recent dinner at Bully"s East it's worth mentioning my wife and I have been eating at Bully's since 1967 when they were in La Jolla and much more recently at the Del Mar location also. Once patrons at 26 we are now patrons nearing 70. I"m glad to say this is still a fun and satisfying restaurant with a very quiet, casual atmosphere and good solid salads and beef selections. The Bully Burger is a great burger and the roast beef is still a great piece of roast beef. The service has always been attentive and the drink and food orders brought promptly. We especially like it because they are very comfortable in letting us linger after dinner as catch we up with old, old San Diego friends (we always increase the normal tip % so the wait person doesn't suffer from lost table turnover.)

This is another "not gourmet" place that is worth the price and consistently turns out satisfying meals that most will enjoy. To another 50 years!!!!!!!!Thanks, Bully's

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank maranasam
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have been going to Bullys (East, Del Mar, La Jolla) for more than 30 years, and will not return to Bully's East after our experience there tonight.

We had reservations. We waited 10 minutes to be seated.

We ordered- we had to ask 3 times for our drinks (ice teas), they did not arrive until our main course. The waitress brought my salad, but forgot another diner's salad, and we had to wait quite a while before she came back to our table to ask for it.

We had to ask for bread (Bully's always serves bread) and it was cold and hard.
I ordered a NY steak ($28.95) and it was burned to a crisp. I waited for 8 minutes (timed it) then gave up, I could not get anyone's attention. I started eating it and when the waitress came back, I advised her of the over cooked steak. She sent over a manager, a tall man in a Hawaiian shirt, who was aggressive and rude. "You asked for medium well" Yes, but this is brown throughout and black (burned) on the outside. "Well we cooked it the way you ordered it" and walked away....

The staff never refilled our drinks.

We had fond memories of Bully's but now it is a tourist trap for people visiting San Diego, poor food and poor service. Very bright with too many tvs- more of a downscale sports bar then a quality steak house.

Skip it.

• Visited November 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My decision to go to Bully's was based on fond memories of gong there for prime rib with my parents. Recently, I decided to take my family and could not be more disappointed. I cannot count the number of times a waitress passed our table as we sat there with empty glasses. The wait for our food was outrageous. I kept telling my husband we should just walk out and I wish I had listened to my gut! However, I rationalized that the wait was based on my request for a well-done steak. When my food finally arrived, the steak was far from well-done and my garlic mashed potatoes were ice cold. It was the worst service I had ever experienced. I was not drinking that night and truly feel I would have to be tying one on in order to overlook the crappy service and food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Been to Bully's East? Share your experiences!