“Excellent small family-owned restaurant”
Review of Bolsa Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bolsa Restaurant
Ranked #1,382 of 4,800 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent small family-owned restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a modest family-owned and run restaurant with excellent food. I have been coming there for years with family when I am in town for a visit, and though I am only there about three times a year they greet me warmly. Most of the dishes have meat, but there are a number of vegetarian choices as well. The vegetarian spring rolls (non-cooked) with tofu are one of my favorites. They make a vegetarian pho (soup with noodles and veggies) on request as well as the more traditional meat/chicken version. All the vegetables are very fresh, and the additional garnishes of bean sprouts and basil and other items are always attractively presented. This is a gem, worth going out of the way for. And the prices are very modest. With shared appetizers, a main dish, and tea and water for beverages we seldom spend over $10 a person before tax and tip.

• Visited July 2011