“Enjoyable meal but not quite the same as our Florence experience”

Acqua Al 2 Ristorante
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J Street and K Street
Description: phone (619) 230-0382fax (619) 230-0647
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We recently travelled to San Diego and booked a table here for dinner since the restaurant in Florence is our favourite restaurant of all time and we have dined there a few times. The menu and concept is the same and it was great to be part of it all again. We ordered the assagi of primi as we just wanted to try a lot of different pasta dishes. I enjoyed every tasting and it was obvious that they are using top quality ingredients and very authentic Italian ingredients too. However in typical american fashion, the food was on the heavy side and a bit too rich for my taste. What would be light and fragrant in Florence, was over sauced and heavy here - but the taste was there and ultimately this made it a lovely meal. I would not hurry back but am glad we tried it. I ordered the assagi of salads as my main meal and this was great. We ordered a lovely Italian wine and it was very reasonably priced by the bottle. Overall I was glad we came.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We enjoyed a beautiful meal with good friends at this warm and lovely restaurant. The food was fabulous and we would highly recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful Italian meal in downtown San Diego.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a large group business dinner at the restaurant. The staff was responsive and meals came quickly. Overall the quality of the meals was excellent. Wish to thank Olivia for the service.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place was an absolute wonder. I went here with a group of 6. We ordered smaller plates to share among everyone. There wasn't a thing that I put past my lips that wasn't delectable... scrumptious even! Words cannot describe... you must simply go here and if you haven't you should be asking why not. All I can say is that if you are near death, this should move straight to the top of your bucket list.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We dined at Acqua Al 2 for a small family gathering (10 people). Being aThursday night the seating was open and they accommodated us easily. My daughter had traveled to Italy for school and had dined at the Florence location; the menu was exactly as she remembered it. The servers were attentive and we didn't wait for anything. I had a chicken breast with a marsala sauce that was very good and a sampling of pastas and sauces (5 varieties). All were very good but I was surprised at the lack of garlic in any of the sauces which I expect at Italian restaurants. Overall the food was good and all in our party enjoyed.