“Best. Food. Ever.”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J Street and K Street
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place was an absolute wonder. I went here with a group of 6. We ordered smaller plates to share among everyone. There wasn't a thing that I put past my lips that wasn't delectable... scrumptious even! Words cannot describe... you must simply go here and if you haven't you should be asking why not. All I can say is that if you are near death, this should move straight to the top of your bucket list.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We dined at Acqua Al 2 for a small family gathering (10 people). Being aThursday night the seating was open and they accommodated us easily. My daughter had traveled to Italy for school and had dined at the Florence location; the menu was exactly as she remembered it. The servers were attentive and we didn't wait for anything. I had a chicken breast with a marsala sauce that was very good and a sampling of pastas and sauces (5 varieties). All were very good but I was surprised at the lack of garlic in any of the sauces which I expect at Italian restaurants. Overall the food was good and all in our party enjoyed.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We came here because we had visited their location in Florence, Italy on our honeymoon and wanted to reminisce. We were disappointed. While the pastas were good the main course samples left much to be desired. Desserts were good. Coffee awful. We won't be back.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Not quite as good as the orginal in Firenze, but a nice choice in San Diego if you are in the Gas Lamp Quarter. We sat outside, nice people watching. We started with the pasta sampling and most we good, then I had the fish and that was delicious (although all the fish we had on our trip was amazing). Our server was very knowledgable and was there whenever we needed her. I would go back next time I am in San Diego.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was one of the highlights of our trip to San Diego. The food was amazing - so good my Italian mother-in-law would be happy. My hubby and I were there for our 35th anniversary and decided to eat at Acqua Al 2 as we were walking around town. The filet mignon was FABULOUS!! The service was THE BEST!! The waiter surprised us with tastes of desserts surrounded by a "Happy 35th Anniversary" message on the plate. Thank you for an all around wonderful dining experience.