“Decent Italian, good service”

Acqua Al 2 Ristorante
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J Street and K Street
Description: phone (619) 230-0382fax (619) 230-0647
Calgary, Canada
“Decent Italian, good service”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My Wife and I went for Dinner on a Saturday evening. The Cuisine is Northern Italian. The staff was courteous, and knowledgable about both their food and their wine list. The food was good, well prepared and delivered in a timely manner.

If this seems a bit perfunctory, its because nothing amazed in our dining experience. I wouldn't say 'don't dine here'; but there are so many Italian restaurants in San Diego that out strip Acqua Al 2 in both food quality and experience, I would say, 'you can do better.'

• Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Late Lunch was good”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I enjoyed the bread with garbanzo bean spread with olive oil that was brought to the table. It saved me. My husband had Fileno Al Mirtilio, he loved it.
A hand carved fillet mignon topped with a blueberry sauce. We shared insalata caprese. I had frutti Di mare. Very good. I had a couple proseccos and we also had a large pellegrino. We were starving and lethargic. The waiter was patient and service was good.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Good but not as great as it was”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I went to the restaurant a few years ago and had an outstanding baked pasta dish. My mouth waters when I think of it. So I was really looking forward to trying the place again on my recent trip to San Diego. I was a little less thrilled this time. The pasta itself is excellent and their signature tomato sauce is full of flavor. This time however the dish was light on the mascarpone and heavy on a gelatinous bechamel sauce that clumped up before my eyes as the dish cooled off. I had to scrape it to the side -- it looked really unappetizing. I could barely see any of the porcini mushrooms described in the dish. There are pasta options for vegetarians and usually a fish of the day. The main dishes are heavy on meat. They have wonderful salads, a good wine list and freshly baked bread. My server was very attentive.

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The place is close to the convention centre. Food was awesome. Had lots of vegetarian options.
The service was excellent.We tried 5 different types of pasta and all were good. They also offer family type servings which is awesome. So everyone gets to taste different flavours.
I would return for sure.

• Visited October 2013
“busy”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good pasta dishes and carpaccio. The restaurant itself is comfortable but quite busy (not for a romantic dinner). The vino della casa is good.

• Visited October 2013