“Nice ballpark”

$49.00*
Historic Downtown Gaslamp and Waterfront Segway Tour
Ranked #6 of 451 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Nice ballpark, had wanted to visit ever since it opened. It's cozy and unique and better than the old Jack Murphy Stadium, and in my opinion built in a more suitable location - downtown, near the Gaslamp District, Horton Plaza and the ocean etc. However, it doesn't match my fave, the best ballpark of all: AT&T in San Francisco. Of course, for full disclosure, I'm a northern CA guy (Davis) and a lifelong Giants fan, but I'm not biased - I didn't much like old Candlestick and often said so and thus I'm very happy the Giants now play in their current gem!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,683)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Nice atmosphere for a game, usually excellent weather and fun friendly fans. I root for the Padres except against the Giants and have fun when the Giants are in town.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have to admit I'm not a huge baseball fan or even a Padres fan, but when I was out in San Diego thought this would be fun. I was very impressed with taking a ballpark tour, the tour guide was very informative and made it very interesting. Even if you are not really a baseball fan I think most people would still find this a cool experience. Also I took a helicopter tour that took me near the stadium. It was cool to see from the air, and got some great pictures. I like to inspire people to travel on my fb page Duano's Travel-Picture Expeditions, if you want to see some of those pics...

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been fortunate to go to several famous ballparks ("Original") Yankee Stadium; Dodger Stadium; Candlestick Park, but the designer of this park has captured the emotion of having a big league ballpark in a major city's downtown, and fairly close to the harbor. I think the viewing locations enable a general admission just as good a view as a box. There's a "park in the park" which is a Gen Admin area that allows fans to bring a blanket and lunch and picnic at the game** **-This is a throwback to the minor league San Diego Padres who occupied Westgate Park in Mission Valley from 1956-1966. They had an area similar to this, I used to be able to walk from my neighborhood to the park and for .50 cents have adminssion and a snack (yes many moons ago). Food choices at Petco Park range from traditional to gourmet and exotic. This is a Fan Friendly Field and Management sees Customer Service as a major goal. Parking is available, and so is the San Diego Trolley (1 Block away!!!). Enjoy! It's a long Winter, but fans here as well visiting tourists and business folks are waiting for Spring! Oh, not to forget that the San Diego Convention Center is a overhead pedestrian bridge from the park! Play ball!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Petco Park is a wonderful venue to view a baseball game. Every seat is a good one. The various and varied food available is fantastic, from fish tacos to pizza to restaurant fare on some levels. I love this ball park.