“Great place to eat and to visit”

The Field Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Field Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 5,097 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Join us in our turn of the century Irish pub, shipped piece by piece from Ireland and relocated in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter.As soon as you walk through the door you will be enveloped by the warm relaxing atmosphere of an old Irish country pub. Irish people the world over have earned a reputation for their friendliness and hospitality, so our crew will make you feel welcome and relaxed as soon as you meet them.Our menu includes all of your Irish favorites, like shepherd's pie, corned beef and cabbage, fish and chips, Guinness beef stew, boxty dishes and full Irish breakfast served all day.The Field is happy to offer discounted food and drinks during happy hour, from opening until 7 PM Monday - Friday.The air at The Field is filled with the buzz of people engaging in the art of conversation, savoring the homemade food, enjoying the traditional music and of course the clink of glasses as revelers sample one of our many imported draft beers. If you prefer something a little stronger, we boast one of San Diego's largest selection of single malt and blended whiskey. Irish, Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye are all available, with over 50 different labels in all.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had visited this restaurant a year ago just to see the inside. This year I decided to go back and try the food because they serve authentic Irish food. Passing by, I looked at the menu outside, and I decided I wanted one of the breakfast items. The menu stated that breakfast was served all day, so I thought I had a plan. When I arrived for dinner, the bartender told me that I had looked at the lunch menu earlier. She said they don't usually offer breakfast in the evening. I told her that I had already decided on a specific breakfast entree, so she asked the kitchen if they could prepare it. It was a slow time, so they agreed to make it. It was very good. I really enjoyed the music as well. They were playing videos on the TV. I wasn't paying attention to see if it was all music from the UK, but it was entertaining.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Only had breakfast there and had a Boxty - highly recommend! Staff was very friendly and service was fast.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is definitley an Irish pub feel, being a dark, cozy bar. The music overhead was fun. The service was pretty slow, but the food we all ordered was tasty. The water glasses are small and I drink a lot of water, but the waitress couldn't keep my glass filled quickly enough. The prices are about $12-16 for an entree.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We landed in San Diego and went out to "explore" and came upon this place in the Gaslight District. Friendly, energetic place. Could have done without the live music, but to each his own. Nice selection of authentic Irish food as well as pub fare. Nice selection of brews and liquor from Ireland. Wouldn't hesitate to return if I had the chance.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is probably the best Irish pub in San Diego. The inside is very rustic with many items imported from Ireland. The menu is chock full of authentic Irish fare, my personal favorite is the bangers and champ, but my wife favors the Guinness beef boxty. They have Smithwicks on tap as well. Great place to grab dinner before a Padres game or to hang out afterwards. Also good for lunch, and unlike a lot of Gaslamp bars, they have a smoking patio that you can take your drink onto. This place is a not miss.