“San Diego Dinner”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
“San Diego Dinner”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ruth's Chris is the best of the premier steak restaurants andis the only one that I support.

The family went to Ruth Chris' in Aruba and the service is impeccable down there.

Visited May 2014

San Diego
“Love this place”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have been dining at this Ruths Chris location for years. We have been to the location in LA, Palm Springs and Las Vegas and this RC restaurant has the best ambiance and service. RC does the best filet mignon in my opinion. It is always cooked perfectly. This location also has some very good waiters. They are friendly and seem to go out of their way to make your visit memorable. We like to get to the restaurant early and sit at the bar. The bar area has a nice sophisticated energy. We also always request a window table close to sunset. This is a must stop for those visiting San Diego.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gene2459
Chula Vista, California
“Great meal, outstanding view”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just had a early dinner at Ruth Chris Steak House in San Diego. It overlooks San Diego harbor which is always a beautiful view. Right about sunset so all the conditions were right. My wife had the blue cheese crusted filet and I ate the regular filet. They were both cooked just as ordered and quite tasty. We tried the Sweet Potato casserole with pecans, it was absolutely delicious. I recommend this greatly. Our veggie was broccoli smothered in cheese-fattening I sure but very good. We shared both sides cutting our caloric intake and found that it was enough food. We both had dessert, My wife having Creme Brulie which was very good and I had the bread pudding which was too heavy, but tasty also. Service was excellent. Because it was our Anniversary I requested a rose on the table in my reservation, more as a lark than real, but found rose peddles on the table when we were seat....nice touch.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bill B
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, but be sure to be well-dressed!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I visited last year with my family. We dined at Ruth Chris' on our first night in San Diego, as it was very close to our hotel and we were all pretty tired from a day of travelling. From the outside it just looked like a typical steakhouse, nothing too special or fancy. We turned up in everyday clothes (my Dad had shorts and trainers on!) and soon enough realised our mistake... what seemed pretty shabby on the outside was definitely the opposite inside, with other diners wearing suits and cocktail dresses! Whoops...

The food was great, I can't really fault it. My family's steaks were cooked just to their liking and my seafood was nice. However, it definitely comes at a price, especially as you have you buy accompaniments separately. Our waiter was charming though, and took interest in our travels, where we were from and gave us recommendations about where to visit during our stay in San Diego. The bus boys were also very attentive and continuously filled our water glasses.

The restaurant itself seemed to be dimly lit, but had absolutely wonderful views.
My advice? Worth a visit for a special dinner out but dress for the occasion!

• Visited June 2013
“Great steak, at a price.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food and service was fantastic. Very popular, they have managed very well to combine great food with a very busy restaurant that gets lots of people passing through on any one night. The steaks are amazing, and so is everything which might accompany it. As ever in the US, service is fantastic. If you want a great steak then it's worth visiting. You do pay for it though!

Visited April 2014

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!