“Good Food with a New Pricing Scheme”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you have ever been to a Ruth's Chris restaurant, you will know that it is not going to be cheap. However, at this location, they had a new option which was similar to a pre fixe meal. They had choices of meat (including a 10 oz filet), fish, and other items that I just can't remember, plus two sides, and a dessert for a single price of either $52.95 or $42.95 (I forget the exact prices, but you get the idea). Drinks are extra. The differences in prices have to do with the main course selections. They say that they serve you personal size portions on the sides, but they looked like the normal "share with the table" sizes. None of the four of us could finish everything.

I would definitely recommend this option. I have never walked out of a Ruth's with a bill this low and the food was excellent!

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My Daughter was married yesterday and invited all Wedding attendees to dinner here!

She had previous reservations for the outdoor 2nd floor balcony with the water view.
With it being quite chilly, they turned on the outdoor heaters to keep us nice and cozy.

Food - The precursor to dinner was a hot loaf of bread with whipped butter!
Most ordered the filet, creamed spinach and mashed potatoes,
Couldn't ask for anything better!! Everyone's filet arrived perfectly cooked on a
500 degree plate which kept everything nice and hot during your entire meal.
Mine was so tender I could have cut it with a butter knife.
The creamed spinach and potatoes were delicious! I had so much food, I had leftovers.

I had them pack my desert "to go" and just finished today, eating my berries and cream!! Yummmmmy!

Service - Outstanding!! At every turn someone was there taking care of our every need!

The view and ambiance were perfect for a Wedding Dinner!

Surprise! - The Bride and Groom received a special treat for desert. A melt-in-your-mouth chocolate lava cake topped with ice cream and drizzled chocolate. Also written in chocolate on their desert plates was "Congratulations!" How sweet was that!!

Thank You!! Ruth's Chris and staff for ending my Daughter's perfect day in a very special way!!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

From start to finish, a 5 Star Restaurant. Food was amazing and service was impeccable. Make sure you ask for a table with a view of the bay when you make reservations.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Let me start by saying that Ruth's Chris is my all time favorite restaurant. We usually dine at the Boca Raton Fl location and have never had a bad meal. We were in San Diego because we were going on a cruise the following day. I have to say, I've been to Ruth's Chris all over the country and this is the fist time I had to send my steak back because it wasn't served on a sizzling plate. Really,ridiculous. But they did come back with it correctly and it was delicious. I never saw a manager come over to any table like they do it Boca, otherwise, I would have informed them of the issue. Let me end by saying Ruth's Chris is still by far my favorite restaurant!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Loved the location and the food and service were out of this world good!! I can't say enough about how good this place was. It says May 2012, but it was actually 2011 that I was there. I loved it so much I've been looking for more Ruth's Chris since then.