“Real BBQ”

Phil's BBQ
Ranked #28 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: For the past 17 years, BBQ lovers across San Diego County have turned to restaurateur Phil Pace to satisfy a singular craving: mesquite-grilled baby back ribs, beef ribs, chicken and sandwiches. Serving thousands of customers a day from a diverse clientele of skateboarders to Bentleys, Phil has built his foundation on consistency, quality, freshness, and friendly service. "We thrive on providing each guest with the 'Phil's Experience', which basically comes down to organized chaos," laughs owner Phil Pace. "The biggest reason behind our success is our loyal customers who have supported us and waited in line for a taste of BBQ for the past fifteen years. "Since opening its doors in San Diego in 1998, Phil's BBQ has served over one million pounds of BBQ sauce (enough to fill Shamu's tank).
california
“Real BBQ”
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Phil's is not BBQ-I don't know how people are getting dupped, but everything is just boiled and over-sauced. That's right-the ribs are boiled-I haven't seen the smoker yet. The sides are terrible-I honestly didn't finish one thing I ordered. I am not a hater, but the people of San Diego need to learn what good food is.

4 Thank restaurantfreak

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Laguna Beach, California
“Best BBQ West of Mississippi”
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Phil's is one of my favorite San Diego restuarants. They have a new location over on Sports Arena. The only bad thing about the new location is the wait! If your hungry arrive an hour early because there will be a line out the door and your food will take an hour. It's worth the wait! Do it you won't regret it.

3 Thank USMCCowboy
Rancho Bernardo
“OMG---What to do on a Saturday Afternnon”
Reviewed May 21, 2007

On a regular Saturday afternoon I had taken my nephew to get a shirt anfd tie for his prom. Only to be pleasantly surprised by Phil's BBQ in the parking lot. It was packed at 2:00PM on a Saturday afternoon. I told my neph that we have to check this out.

I mean: down time in a restaurant is usually 2:00 PM til about 4:30PM or so. Gives you time to regroup for the evening rush. Not here it was a constant rush. I was amazed.

We got in the line waited about 15 minutes. Lots of diversions so do not worry. Finally placed the order. Neph had ribs and chicken and fries and onion rings. Me: a pork sandwich --- I got to tell you it was amazing to say the least. Best BBQ in this town for sure.

And the take-out was as busy as the eat-in. What a great place to take the family!

THANK YOU PHIL --- U DA BOMB!!!!!!

2 Thank sandiegohombre
san diego
“New Phils in Point Loma is Great.”
Reviewed February 13, 2007

I went to opening day at the new phils in point loma and WOW, fast service, no line, and AMAZING FOOD like always. Im having them cater my wedding...

5 Thank lenamonger
San Diego
“The Best BBQ in San Diego”
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Delicious! Arrive early because the line to order can get very long. Also, it takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes for your meal. BUT....it is worth every minute!!!!

2 Thank CATLOVER__CB