“Good Italian”

Old Venice Italian Restaurant
Ranked #363 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canon between Scott and Rosecrans
Somerset Village, Bermuda
“Good Italian”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The standard of the dishes we selected were all good & the service was of typically good Italian style....we were not disappointed & we were fortunate enough to be there on a night that they had special offer of half price good quality wines....mmm...that always helps! ....but seriously the food was of very good quality. Wish we had gone earlier & had a pre dinner cocktail at the interesting bar before dining.

• Visited February 2013

Palermo, Maine
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I went here on our first stop in San Diego. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was great. I would suggest going here!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Chelsea C
Coogee, Australia
“Delicious with atmosphere”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were so grateful for them to give us a booking on Christmas Eve, they said they could fit 2! They could so easily have said no.
The place was in a quiet street but buzzing a lively with a great crowd. The food was perfect and we enjoyed it so much we tried to work out exactly how each meal was cooked.
We would definitely go back to San Diego just to go back to this restaurant.

Visited December 2012
san diego
“Elegant inexpensive Happy Hour”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband & I slipped out for a glass of wine on my birthday. We went to the "Lounge" side of Old Venice in Point Loma. The setting was as elegant as the best upscale restaurant, with a fireplace and big stuffed chairs. The sparkling long bar & stools were inviting, and several cozy high tables with chairs for intimate conversations.
We were surprised they had 50% off all starters and salads during happy hour as well as $5 house wines / $3 beers & $3/$5 cup/bowl of soup. The bar tender made a bold & excellent suggestion on a quality wine, by the glass. We feasted on several appetizers including the artfully served caprese salad, the stuffed mushrooms, and one of several unique dinner salads on the menu. The food, of top quality, was served on oversize white porcelain plates in an elegant manner worthy of a Food & Wine cover photo. Great setting, calm & romantic. Friendly bar staff. I am returning for a ladies evening at a place we will feel comfortable and can hear ourselves talk.
I am also returning with my teens for a mid-week bargain dinner off the Happy Hour menu in a non-noisy place, with excellent food.
I also plan to make this my GoTo place when I need for business purpose to meet for a drink to converse. I think you can tell I'm pleased.
By the way, the restaurant side has an outdoor Patio outback and is a long time Point Loma institution.

• Visited December 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent service, delicious food, grand portions!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went here my first night visiting San Diego, and what a delight. Quiet atmosphere, [though I'm told it gets quite packed on weekends], prompt service, and excellent food. Though I 'licked MY plate clean', neither of the other diners finished their food. Though well-fed, they were able to save some for a 'midnight snack'!

Visited October 2012