“Best breakfast I've had in a long time!”

The Mission Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 4,931 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Healthy fresh ingredients. Well seasoned dishes, amazing flavor...vegetarian and gluten free options...soy chorizo...yummo!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Perhaps... The service was quick and attentive, the food very good with large portions, and the price was not too exorbitant. I would definitely eat either breakfast or lunch here anytime.

1  Thank BillyBob66
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went to this cafe as it was near our hotel (the Catamaran) and I'd read so many positive reviews on here. It didn't disappoint! Purely based on reviews I ordered the cinnamon French toast - WOW! Never eaten anything like it, it was fantastic! Even my husband, who isn't a huge cinnamon fan, ate 1 of my 3 pieces as I couldn't finish it and he loved it. He had a beautiful chicken salad. Our waitress, Nancy, was faultless and seemed to instantly spot when our coffee and water needed topping up. I also had their mango smoothie which was beautiful. Go, you won't regret it!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Mission is great! Anything you order will be delicious. Their French toast is fluffy, their eggs are tasty, the potatoes fresh and their warm drinks are excellent. I wished we had more time in our most recent trip to San Diego to visit more than once, I have so many favorites on their menu! You may have to wait a little while for a table depending on when you arrive and parking can be challenging. We determined that any parking spot within a half mile is fair game! There are 2 other locations closer to downtown San Diego if you can't make it out to Mission Beach. The one on J Street is within walking distance of the Convention Center.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

From the warm greeting to tell us we would have a short wait before being seated, to the attentive waiter, to the great food, this place hit the spot.