“Worth the wait”

The Mission Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 4,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Brisbane, Australia
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had to wait 45 mins for a table for breakfast on a Saturday morning but when we sampled the food the reasons for its popularity became very clear. Efficient and attentive service, delicious food, excellent value.

Visited January 2014

• Korean first
washington state
“Good Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Took my boyfriend here for breakfast. He had fruit pancakes and I had eggs with potatoes and chicken sausage. We were both really happy with our meals. My potatoes were seasoned perfectly and the sausage was super good too. Helpings were more than generous. The person who seated us was really nice and towards the end of our meal the manager came by and checked on us, which was very nice. Our waiter was okay but when he first came over I asked for water with no ice and he made a comment about having to go in the back to get that and it would take him extra time. He came across as being irritated about doing this. Yes, the restaurant was busy but still. This and the noise level are the only things that prevented me from giving this place a perfect score. That being said, I would certainly go back again.

1 Thank morejourneystocome
Cleveland, Ohio
“I would certainly return on another visit.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Mission Cafe & Coffee House was a great place for breakfast.
The portions were huge and the prices very reasonable.
The breakfast we had was of very high quality.
The staff was very kind and friendly.
Perhaps a few less menu items with rosemary would be nice.
I would certainly return on another visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great breakfast, coffee, and service!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Coffee was good as well as the espresso. Chicken apple sausage breakfast was so good that I came back another day. The service was good and friendly. Their coffee drink menu was unique but I did not take advantage of it. Reasonable prices!

Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Monster breakfast”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you see a line at this place, just stand in it and watch the staff as they carry plates full of delicious, abundant food to hungry people. Once you get your food, you'll be glad you spent an extra few minutes to wait on it. It's one of the best breakfast joints I've ever been to, so good we went 2 days in a row. Try the vegetarian sweet corn tamales with black beans and over easy eggs. They serve most dishes with 2 large rosemary bread toasts. Fantastic!!!!