“Great breakfast, coffee, and service!”

The Mission Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Coffee was good as well as the espresso. Chicken apple sausage breakfast was so good that I came back another day. The service was good and friendly. Their coffee drink menu was unique but I did not take advantage of it. Reasonable prices!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you see a line at this place, just stand in it and watch the staff as they carry plates full of delicious, abundant food to hungry people. Once you get your food, you'll be glad you spent an extra few minutes to wait on it. It's one of the best breakfast joints I've ever been to, so good we went 2 days in a row. Try the vegetarian sweet corn tamales with black beans and over easy eggs. They serve most dishes with 2 large rosemary bread toasts. Fantastic!!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I ate breakfast here on the last morning of our trip to San Diego and were bummed we didn't find it the first! Friendly staff seated us immediately and brought our requested coffee right away. The menu selections would make all people happy and after some serious thought, I chose the 'light' cinnamon French toast with fruit, and my husband got the chicken sausages with eggs, potatoes and toast. When our food arrived we were stunned at the amount of food, even my French toast seemed quite large! But in the end, the taste was what was so outstanding! At first I thought my toast didn't come with butter until I took a bite and realized that the beautifully swirled cinnamon bread had been finished with butter on the grill! OMGosh! The best ever! The fruit bowl was fresh and even arranged pleasantly! My husband shared bites of his sausage, potatoes and toast, all of which were very good and was way more than he could eat. The toast is made with a rosemary bread that gave it just a hint of the herb and really was good. The server even gave us coffee to go. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough!

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Chose this place from trip-advisor & pleased we did. Mid Sat morning had a short queue waiting. Told 30 min wait was 15. We popped to the beach behind for a short-while. Heavy Mexican influence on brunch menu & the locals were favoring these plus the French Toast served with a whole side bowl of hash & bacon (could feed two). We opted for eggs & pancakes - all great quality. The rosemary sausages good also. Kitchen a tad slow but this was busy time. Attentive table service with coffee pot circulating. Parking is street only, we went round the block once. Recommended for quality. Atmosphere great and a real local hang-out.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Best cinnamon toast we have had. Muffins were excellent too! Would return to this restaurant if in the area again. Good service.