“stick with the drinks”

Point Loma Living Room
Ranked #1,950 of 4,726 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Point Loma Living Room Coffeehouse resides in a 2 story historic landmark, The Jennings House, the oldest home in Point Loma, built in 1886. Through the years it has been a school, a clothing store, and for more than 10 years a coffeehouse providing hot & cold beverages, pastries, and a wide assortment of breakfast items, sandwiches, soups, salads, and other delicious items. Under new ownership since 2/1/17, Point Loma Living Room has recently being updated in order to bring back the historic beauty of the home, while at the same time maintaining the atmosphere that the greater community of Point Loma have grown to love and appreciate over time. We look forward to sharing not only the history of The Jennings House, but also the history of Point Loma through artwork, articles, and information that will be incorporated into the decor.
san diego
“stick with the drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I remember this place when it was the Jennings house (I am dating myself) and so it is hard to see the building in such disrepair. I hope they can save it. The drinks are good, but I am not impressed by the food at all.

Visited October 2011

Campbell River
“Mexican mocha”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Try the mocha, it was very tastey! Would come back if it was closer to Canada :)

Chula Vista, California
“One of our favorite casual spots...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We go here whenever we remember...that is, it's not the first "restaurant" that comes to mind since it started out as a college-style, trendy coffee house near San Diego State. I don't think the original one is there anymore. There's one in Old Town & another one in La Jolla. They serve breakfast, lunch & dinner. We haven't gone there for breakfast - YET.

The first time we had a meal here we were so shocked - in a good way. They serve kind of unusual entrees, but I've never disliked anything. Since we go to Old Town two or three times per month (we love being tourists in our own beautiful city), we get to stop in here often.

Anyway, great food & generous portions. Nothing run-of-the-mill here.

• Visited January 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Good tea and coffee but food was terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

While in town visiting family we decided to grab a late lunch at the Living Room Coffeehouse in Point Loma. We checked out the menu posted outside, everything looked good so we went inside and ordered. First off I have to say the coffee was not bad and their white tea was excellent so if I just wanted something hot to drink I wouldn’t hesitate…as a matter of fact the place was full of college students with their laptops and a cup of joe.
“They put together a great sounding menu but executing it is another story.”
It took a while to get a sandwich and two mixed green salads. When we got our food the sandwich which was a special, a roast beef melt I believe, was not toasted nor the cheese melted, the meat was so paper thin you could hardly see it, and the red onion was at least a half inch thick to give the sandwich some thickness. Anyway it was so bad that after eating half of it my mother couldn’t stomach anymore and tossed it on our way out. My sister and I ordered the Mixed Green which sounded good with the artichoke hearts, sprouts and cucumber, well we received our salads and they didn’t have any of these. We strolled downstairs with salads in hand and questions, we were told that they were out of sprouts and had been for some time. They had forgotten to add artichoke hearts and cucumber. Well we spent the next 10 min. watching him cut the cucumber and more (onion??) to smithereens – seriously you need a spoon to get them up, we got our salads back and there was no artichoke heart just 4 artichoke leaves, I asked where the heart was and he said he cut it up (never did find it). At $7.50 for a small salad I think they could have spared an artichoke heart or two. The positives are the hot drinks and a decent atmosphere, but I would never eat there again.

• Visited December 2011
San Francisco, CA
“Looking for a great breakfast without breaking the bank? This is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were staying at a very basic motel near the harbor in Point Loma which offered muffins, yoghurt and coffee for breakfast but we wanted something more. On our last day someone suggested a new restaurant on Rosecrans which happened to only serve breakfast on Sundays and this was Monday. Much to our good luck, the Living Room Cafe was right across the street.
First of all, this place is an historical building, an old Victorian, I think and so has so much charm in the various areas you can choose to sit. We sat on the front porch but there's patio in the back yard, inside downstairs with tables, a few comfy looking chairs and couches and upstairs with more couches, chairs and small tables.
The breakfast menu was long and varied. You could order all kinds of egg dishes, omelets, waffles, salads, quiches, sandwiches, etc. My husband ordered an latte which comes in a huge cup, almost soup bowl size and I had a great cappuccino. I ordered the mushroom quiche which came with fruit and croissant - delicious. The service was perfect. But the best part of all - incredibly inexpensive prices.
I now see this is a small chain and you can find Living Room Cafe in La Jolla and near San Diego State University.

• Visited August 2011