“The Venetian, One of the Best Italian Resturants in San Diego”
Review of The Venetian

The Venetian
Reserve with OpenTable
The Venetian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #848 of 4,768 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Point Loma
Cross street: Chatsworth Blvd.
Description: The Venetian’s award-winning Italian cuisine (including what critics call some of San Diego’s best pizza), relaxed setting and casual atmosphere have earned generations of fans since Vince Giacalone first welcomed customers in 1965. Sons Joey and Frank proudly continue their family traditions, making sausage, soups and sauces from scratch and drawing a devoted, all-ages clientele. Highlights of the menu include bruschetta, seafood pastas, chicken and veal piccata, and thick- or thin-crust pizzas with either traditional or trendy toppings. Located in Point Loma, The Venetian’s friendly service and “Cheers” style vibe make it a favorite destination for date night, happy hour, dinner with friends or family celebrations. Seating includes the lively bar and patio (great for families and larger parties); comfy booths and banquettes; and a private wine cellar that can be reserved for parties of up to 16. Dinner nightly; lunch Monday-Friday; Sunday brunch; full bar.
San Diego, California
“The Venetian, One of the Best Italian Resturants in San Diego”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you enjoy fine Italian cooking with palate pleasing taste and freshness, may I suggest a visit to The Venetian Restaurant. Well known and frequented by local's, this establishment is worth visiting while staying in San Diego. The Pizzas are P-E-R-F-E-C-T!! The blend of sauce, seasonings and varied toppings and cheeses make for great dining in or take home experience! Entrees, appetizers and salads are plentiful and are well prepared. Service is excellent. This is a place you'll "feel" as well as experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tony G

“Great food!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you're in the neighborhood of Point Loma, don't miss The Venetian. Their pizza is the best around, but their entrees are fabulous as well. It's a locals spot because the food is always great and the prices are so reasonable.

• Visited March 2014
“Dining with family”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family has been going to the Venetian since we moved to California in 1969. It is a tradition when all of us get together to have a great meal at Vince's, which is what we have always called it due to Vince who started the restaurant that his sons now own. I love this restaurant and will continue to go here on a regular basis. Try it, I'm sure you will love it as much as my family does.

• Visited January 2014
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this restaurant in a part of Point Loma we hadn't discovered before. The tomato, mozzarella and basil appetizer was good, I like my tomatoes more ripe but it is January and they are out of season so, not something the restaurant controls : )
My friends had calamari and didn't care for it. They said it was too greasy and didn't taste fresh. I at one ring and it tasted like it might have sat a while waiting for us to order it.
I ordered shrimp scampi entree and it was great. A large portion with good sized shrimp and I substituted angel hair pasta for the normal linguini. The wait staff were attentive and courteous.

Visited January 2014
salt lake city
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were introduced to this restaurant years ago by one of our friends from Point Loma. The food is fabulous and I've been here a number of times--literally, every time I'm in San Diego. The calamari picatta is to tie for! Pizzas are great too. Desserts are wonderful. Everything is great. Very low key, reasonably priced Italian food in a residential area of San Diego. I love it because it is not a touristy place. Great service too!

• Visited November 2013