“If in town "must eat" here”
Review of Indigo Grill

Indigo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy featuring innovative modern Latin décor and a warm ambience create the perfect setting for sharing food and stories.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

In my humble opinion this is the best restaurant in San Diego! Try the Porterhouse pork chops the entree will tickle your palate kudos to Chef Deborah Scott.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went there with a couple of friends. The service was good and the waitresses really available. I took a Flat Iron Chimichurri, the meet actually was great but I was expecting an higher amount of it in a plat that was compose mainly by mediocre sides. We pay 40 dollar each for a beer and a main course, probably too much.

1  Thank Filo_A5
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Family and friends went out for my sisters 50th birthday. The atmosphere and service were great. Our waitress was wonderful and the ambience is lively. The food however, left me a bit disappointed. This is not one of the better Cohn restaurants in San Diego. We ordered appetizers - the Brie and ceviche. The Pipian crusted Brie was not what Deborah Scott use to put out at kemosabe's by a long shot but it was just okay - quite small and maybe a bit too much pipian. The scallop shrimp ceviche was refreshing. My husband ordered the Pork Porterhouse. It was very very dry and basically flavorless. I ordered the Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout. I expected a nice succulent piece of fish, instead , I received a dried out, overnutted piece of fish. The fish was completely encrusted in pecans - too much, and way overcooked.. The potatoes that came with the fish were under done and therefore a bit hard and tasteless. The New Mexican Chili stuffed fillet was also dry. It's as if the meats and fish were partially cooked earlier. On a good note, the service, ambience and wine list were excellent and the restaurant is very busy. I assume because of it's tourist location. We will not return.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We took advantage of the New Year pricing - $20.14 for a three course dinner. Our server, Felicia was so adorable and very friendly without being intrusive. The first course was a wonderful squash soup. My spouse had the ribs with a Kahlua bbq sauce, corn pudding and a salad. I had a perfectly cooked piece of salmon served with an ink pasta. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake with sorbet. It was all so delicious. Because of the special pricing the restaurant was quite crowded especially for a Tuesday night. But you would never tell by the service. It was just seamless! We will definitely go back, even at full price!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Kudos for creative menu, fresh ingredients and great ambiance. I believe the menu does change frequently (weekly?) so double check what's on it. We had Flat Iron steak and the Short Ribs for entrees, but from start to finish the food was really inconsistent. Starting with excellent: the butternut squash soup with its beet purée drizzle and pepittas. Also excellent: the simple, fresh salad and its vinaigrette dressing which came with the flat iron steak. The corn fritter which came with the ribs has layers of flavors-- Fantastic. As for the so-so: the flat iron steak itself. No seasoning to speak of, and pretty chewy. I eventually realized the chef likely intended this dish a take on a beef burrito so as i paired a bite of steak with the cheese quesadilla it came with that's when this dish clicked. It's not good eaten as a steak with stand alone sides. Plus i was surprised the waitress did not offer me a steak knife. Another so-so: the salsa, while fresh lacked flavor - I wish it had some cilantro or something. It could have been from any average restaurant. The coffee and dessert were also just average. Finally I have to mention there was one burned as in completely black cheese quesadilla on my plate. It was inedible. That's a problem in a restaurant who's placard touts the best chef in San Diego. Shame on that cook. The restaurant did come highly recommended by locals who eat here frequently so not sure what happened tonight.