“Great flavors”
Review of Indigo Grill

Indigo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy featuring innovative modern Latin décor and a warm ambience create the perfect setting for sharing food and stories.
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great flavors”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything we ate here was great. The many flavors played on our taste buds and kept us wondering what would come next. Butternut squash soup, stacked beet salad, pork ribs, corn pudding and many others - you cannot go wrong. Portions are large and my only disappointment was not having enough room for dessert.

Ottawa, Canada
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hard to beat strolling through little Italy on the way to the restaurant.

Service was friendly and efficient.

We went to enjoy the $30 Restaurant Week dinner menu and were really impressed.

I chose the tamale starter, the pork ribs and creme brulee for dessert. My husband had the roasted butternut squash soup, the planked salmon with squid ink pasta and chocolate pistachio torte.

My tamale with shrimp was delicious, and the soup was unlike any butternut soup I have ever tasted. So good!

My ribs were tasty, but the side salad and Indian pudding they came with blew me away. Really flavourful, and the pudding was comfort food at its best.

My dessert was small but just enough. I passed the shortbread cookie to my husband, but he ended up leaving it, too.

The salmon came with a sort of salsa and the pasta with sauce. He cleared his plate and said it was delicious.

His dessert was a bit surprising, as it was denser than anticipated. Not cakey at all, but still good. Maybe torte means something else than I am accustomed to back home.

The raspberry sorbet that xame with it was such a hit, he ordered more!

We both had an alcoholic drink. He had a brown ale, and I had the red sangria. It was boozy!

Coffee and tea and oh, even a hot towel mid-service to help me with sticky rib sauced fingers.

Overall, a wonderful meal and night out. Will definitely go back.

Adelaide, Australia
“What a find, a gem in San Diego.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We found this restaurant more by accident, the area that we were intending to have dinner in was closed to the public, apparently the city rents out blocks of the historic part to corporations for events, a very strange practice indeed.

While walking into "Little Italy" we looked up on "gayCities" where to eat, this restaurant was top of the list and we were standing across the road, so in we went.

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly, we were seated in a nice table and offered iced water and menus and wine list straight up. perfect, no waiting.

The martini's we had to start with were perfect, and the night only got better, we had two courses and both were amazing, one main, a chicken dish (sorry forgot what it was called) was to die for i could not believe the flavours and presentation.

All the food delivered was of equal quality and flavour, huge portions as well, what a great find lets hope when we return it is still there, our very best to the Chef and all the staff.

San Diego, CA
“Back Again!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Back again since the last time 2 years ago - once again an excellent experience.The Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout was unbelievably delicious. As was the Vera Cruz Maize Tamale and the Corn Pudding. Everything was perfect, along with the service and wine selection. The only downfall? Once again - the portion sizes - way too big in my opinion. If you are sharing your meal with someone than ok - but do not try to eat the whole dish yourself! Crazy. We will go back.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went here because it was close to our hotel and the good reviews on here. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, all good pairings and some wonderful unusual items (the corn pudding was so tasty). Also good wine and they serve proper ale.

• Visited August 2013