“Eclectic Mexican Restaurant”
Review of Indigo Grill

Indigo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy featuring innovative modern Latin décor and a warm ambience create the perfect setting for sharing food and stories.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to Indigo Grill because I am a fan of the Cohen Brother's Restaurants here in San Diego and was expecting a typical Mexican Restaurant. Boy was I surprised! Although they do have Mexican dishes their menu is far more interesting. I tried the Wild Blueberry - Laquered Rack Of Lamb and was really impressed. This place was hopping on a Friday night in the Little Italy District of downtown San Diego.

There are newer reviews for Indigo Grill

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went here with a friend, at his recommendation, that was leaving America for the last time with his new wife - this would be their last US meal. The pressure was on for it to be good therefore and boy did it live up to it.

The food was so so nice, one of the nicest meals I've had out! I had lamb with a blueberry sauce but amazingly I loved my wife's chicken even more. It was pricey but you could tell the ingredients were of a high quality and the flavours and presentation were top notch.

Perhaps my only complaint about the place is that it's too dark. We moved from the first table we sat at as it was too dim but the second was ok.

I've not even mentioned yet that my wife and I are gluten intolerant because with the quality of chefs it was not an issue. We were both fine as they just made anything that was a problem gluten free or left it off the plate. The waitress was knowledgeable & explained what would be fine as it was and what would need some changes.

Amazing!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have been pleased with most of the Cohn Restaurant group places we have eaten at, but this was probably the best (behind Island Prime). Located in Little Italy close to the cruise ship docks. Parking is kind of an issue around there, but in what city is it not.

Sat outside (heaters in ceiling) on a cool night and were very comfortable. Service was basically a miss-mash of the whole staff, so it was hard to tell who our actual waiter was, but not really an issue because service was good. The menu isn't "mexican" and I wouldn't really even say "tex-mex." More like high-end entrees with a southwestern flair. Serving sizes were large and food was excellent. I had the filet and my wife a vegetarian option.

Prices for entrees are in the mid $20s to mid $30s. $5 for side dishes, appetizers/salads in the $10+ range. Would definitely recommend to visitors and will try to return before we move in August.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We found this restaurant at 1536 India Street after getting recommendations from friends that had been to San Diego. We were not disappointed. Great selection of foods that had a little different approach to mixing things together. Wonderful flavors, great presentations, great wine selections. For the two of us, with wine, we spent under $100, including a 20% tip. I would go back more if I lived in the area, but if you are in San Diego, you must try this out. It was great.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our evening was marvelous. On a warm night all the windows were open, the decor striking, and enhancing Spanish music on the Muzak. The tortilla soup was perhaps the best ever, with corn salsa, creme freiche and tortilla strips. The Mescal Smoked Salmon Bruschetta was xlnt, and so large it could serve as an entree. We split the Hickory & Apple Smoked Pork Ribs in a tantalizing morita-kahlua glaze, and paired with the ribs was a scrumptous Indian Corn Pudding - filling and delicious. Price are modest, and our service was timely. We will definitely go back, for there are many other items on the menu which we as foodies want to try. These menu items are Deborah Scott creations, so it is no wonder that she just won "Best Chef of the Year" in San Diego. Our next foodie tasting will be Deborah's Ventana in Escondido.