“Once is enough!!!”
Review of Indigo Grill

Indigo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 5,165 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy featuring innovative modern Latin décor and a warm ambience create the perfect setting for sharing food and stories.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stopped in to check out the food and take advantage of the "Happy Hour" specials. I might add that they have very limited options when it comes to drinks during happy hour, if you are looking for something special, look elsewhere, there is plenty of competition in the area.

We did try the smoked duck quesadilla, very good, our best choice of the night. We also had the shrimp & scallop ceviche (it is very hard to find any shrimp or scallops, mostly chopped up veggies, bad deal at any price). The ceviche was terribly bland and tasteless, do they ever taste what they serve??? Our last appetizer was the salmon bruschetta, comes on a large rectangular plate full of salad with 4 small portions of bruschetta at the corners. Good fish, boring salad, disappointing dish.

Probably the best part of the experience was the bartender, a very nice personable young man who took very good care of us.

As you can see from the other reviews, service for the most part is good, the problem is the food.
If you are looking for good food, little Italy is loaded with better restaurants, just walk down the street. The Indigo grill does not live up to the hype, it is a one time visit restaurant. The prices are high and the food average at best.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I sort of wanted to like this place more. It hovers between 3 and 4 stars. Nice, eclectic, hip decor. Interesting, varied menu. Helpful wait staff But "Good Things Growing," the vegetarian entree that I ordered (and that the server said was one of the better things on the menu) was just ok. I'm not a vegetarian, and I don't normally order the vegetarian option, so take my comment for what it's worth. In fact, just to prove it to you, my anonymous reader, I ordered the Arugula, Frisee and Radicchio salad as my starter, which, as you can see, is described as "cotija stuffed date skewers wrapped in applewood smoked bacon, prickly pear vinaigrette, cotija cheese." It was slightly decadent -- but tasty. I especially appreciated our server telling me that it was available as a half portion. So maybe I'm leaning more towards 4 stars. Yeah, I guess so.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff was great, the atmosphere is great, its a charming place. Mixed drinks are $8,50 for well? I had the bbq pork ribs. They where chewy and dry, even with the bbq sauce on them, I could not eat them they were so dry and I am not that picky of an eater, but then they where $25. and my partner had the lamb which he said was tender but the sauce had so much curry in it you could not taste the lamb. For two of us, with tip is was $130.00 I would not recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The look of the restaurant from outside is very romantic with an intimate interior and excellent food. The staff members were concerned and nice to all in attendance.

1  Thank alj5702
Reviewed March 20, 2013

just stopped in for a drink and to share an app with friends. Very delicious, fresh food! Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Lauren V