“great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indigo Grill

Indigo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Fusion, Latin, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy featuring innovative modern Latin décor and a warm ambience create the perfect setting for sharing food and stories.
san diego
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

recently had a fabulous dinner here, which is not out of the ordinary, we have eaten here many times and love chef debra scotts inventive menu. but this particular time i had purchased a promotional dinner online and was using my discounted voucher. you would have thought i was vip the way the wait staff treated me.amazing that even when i am dining on a discount that i was treated as well or better as when i am eating at full price. that tells me that the management is doing the job they should. can't wait to return.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazzzzing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

So i bought this certificate on line to try this restaurant out and I was blown away by the customer service and the food. The food OMG... Need I say more.. Okay I will, started with the salmon Bruchetta Delicisos - my entree was the mushroom fettechini I had them add grill chicken. this to was delicisos and then I had a glass of champangne which came with the certificate I bought GREAT, Terrific and Amazing. I think you will be blown away to.

Marcella

1 Thank Marcella B
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

You can't go wrong at this restaurant. They do fantastic spices in a wide variety of foods. I have eaten here so many times and have never been disappointed. Steak, pork, chicken and fish are done in ways I have never had before and many dishes can be made vegetarian.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Mixed Feelings, ok food horrible service, won't go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is right down the street from me. I write a lot of reviews and rarely write a negative review but I felt I needed to. I have been to this place probably 5 times because of the convenience and they have decent food. Recently I was there with friends, on a Thursday night, the place was for the most part empty. The service was very poor, almost nonexistent, someone in the party had one glass of champagne and wanted another but after about 15 minutes of waiting for someone to come by I got up and asked our waiter to bring another glass of champagine. To my amazement he said that the manager had told him that there had been a noise complaint from another table and that no more alcohol would be served. The fact of the matter is this person truly only had one glass of champagne, be that as it may it is the restaurant's discretion to serve who they choose, the problem is they let the table order a huge amount of food and never bothered to tell anyone that there was a complaint, so we just sat there with nobody coming over to say anyhing or take anymore orders. The no communication and no service turned into a very bad experience for the person in our party who was quite sober but refused another glass of champagne. Had we been informed of the complaint we would have probably gone somewhere else and patronized a bar that doesn't mind conversation above a whisper. The facts are that there was NO complaint from another table, the hostess was the person that was upset with the people in my party, and the manager made up the story about the other table complaining........Management if you read this be honest with your patrons, don't fabricate a story to justify refusing service. The manager should have immediately come over before dinner was ordered and said "listen we are pleased that you guys are having a good time but you are a little loud and our hostess is having trouble performing her duties, so can you please try to be more quiet or take your business elsewhere" Because the manager didn't do this a ton of food was ordered but after that nobody came back to the table....we just sat there wondering where everyone was while the manager disappeared, and didin't have the courtesy to come over and explain the situation, after she did show up she explained a story that was obviously fabricated, eventually brought over the other glass of champagne but by that time the situation was unsaveable and the 6 people in the party all of whom live in the immediate area, 2 of them business owners will never step foot in Indigo again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Marcos, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in San Diego where I lived for over 7 years and ate out a lot. They have a very unique menu which nearly always exceeds my expectations based on the menu description. I am a big fan of the Pipian Crusted Brie and Carne Asada Nachos as appetizers...they are truly uniquely done compared to sounding pretty basic. I almost always get the Pipian-Rojo Chicken Breast simply because I like it so well (yes...even for chicken)! Even though I am not a vegetarian, I tried the Good Things Growing once (actually based on seeing it on a neighboring table) and it was probably the best vegetarian entree I've ever had. I used to bring out-of-town guests here and they all raved about it. I recently moved to the East Coast and really miss the Indigo Grill. Service and ambiance are also great with a very professional staff.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Indigo Grill? Share your experiences!