“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indigo Grill

Indigo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Fusion, Latin, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy featuring innovative modern Latin décor and a warm ambience create the perfect setting for sharing food and stories.
San Marcos, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in San Diego where I lived for over 7 years and ate out a lot. They have a very unique menu which nearly always exceeds my expectations based on the menu description. I am a big fan of the Pipian Crusted Brie and Carne Asada Nachos as appetizers...they are truly uniquely done compared to sounding pretty basic. I almost always get the Pipian-Rojo Chicken Breast simply because I like it so well (yes...even for chicken)! Even though I am not a vegetarian, I tried the Good Things Growing once (actually based on seeing it on a neighboring table) and it was probably the best vegetarian entree I've ever had. I used to bring out-of-town guests here and they all raved about it. I recently moved to the East Coast and really miss the Indigo Grill. Service and ambiance are also great with a very professional staff.

• Visited December 2011

Seattle
“Fabulous Restaurant in Little Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently were visiting San Diego and found a great restaurant. We were looking on our Passport card for a place close to our hotel and the Indigo Grill popped up. It is one of the best restaurants we have ever been to and is one of the many that Cohn Restaurant Group owns there. We didn't get to try the others but definitely will on other trips. The portions are large and fabulous. I had the vegetarian sampler called Good Things Growing and my husband had Pecan Trout. The service is very good and the ambiance very pleasing. I highly recommend trying this and probably any of their many restaurants. Deborah Scott is the chef and from what I read, an award winning chef at that. San Diego airport is close to downtown which is unusual compared to most cities. It is easy to get to Gaslamp district or Little Italy if you have a layover.

• Visited November 2012
baltimore, maryland
“Fine offbeat find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

our concierge suggested this restaurant as a good place for jet-lagged travelers to have a taste of San Diego. Great suggestion and great place to dine. We ate outdoors and enjoyed the beautiful local weather in November! Eclectic food and different combinations of foods made this a foodie find as well. Seriously ample portions and personalized service!

Visited November 2012
Point Roberts, Washington
“Breakfast is Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a nice little grill not too far from the airport. Great for meeting colleagues who are flying in before heading to business. The food is good but just diner style food, nothing to write home about. Metered parking is usually available, which is a bonus in San Diego.

Visited August 2012
El Cajon, California
“a fine vegetarian dish for anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love trying different foods, especially when it's presentation is well thought out. I got the Good Things Growing dish which is a vegetarian "sampler" plate. I'm not a vegan but I wanted to try something different. I also got the Red Sangria, perfect pairing with my meal. Everything was yummy! My favorite was the butternut squash... I need to learn how to make this dish. Their portions are big! There was so much food that I couldn't finish so brought the rest home to take it for lunch the next day. It heated up well and was able to brag about this restaurant at work. The BF got the Porterhouse Pork, it was also huge. He was happy with his dinner but said parts of the pork was a little dry and the onion rings greasy. No complaints from me though, I hightly recommend this restaurant. It's located in Little Italy which is a great area for handholding walks :) and window shopping, the restaurant itself has a romantic feel with low lighting and cozy seating inside or out. It's a little on the pricey side but well worth it. Did I mention this is chef Deborah Scott restaurant!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Indigo Grill? Share your experiences!