“Very good casual seafood restaurant on the waterfront ”
Review of Mitch's Seafood

Mitch's Seafood
Ranked #9 of 283 Quick Bites in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Captain Brett recommended Mitch’s for lunch after our sailing tour. Very good fish n chips, crab cakes were perfect and more than enough although I also ordered a fish taco and couldn’t finish it. Beer, wine, casual, walk-in, order then seat yourself, right on the water-we ate indoors so we didn’t have to fight off the seagulls for our food. Will definitely return next trip to
SD.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (860)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a casual place to eat with the emphasis on good quality seafood, and they deliver. The oysters were delicious but be careful of the horseradish because it has a kick. The seafood stew was excellent, and with a side of sour dough bread that's all you need. They move customers through fairly quickly but it is busy but that's a good sign. One minor complaint is that my meal came several minutes before my wife's and I was two thirds through mine when hers eventually came. The seafood stew takes longer than most meals to prepare so I was told.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Gritty and noisy...but great tasty menu of locally caught seafood. On the waterfront adjacent to sport fishing marina. Parking challenging

Reviewed September 13, 2019

They have the best "FRESH FISH TACOS on the West Coast" The clam chowder is also great. They have a great Breakfast. Basically ever thing their is a must try once.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

We just arrived into the area, we asked our driver for a good place to eat... she said you should try Mitch’s... I keep hearing people talking about it and actually coming back more than once in one visit to SD.
Certainly not what we expected.
Nonetheless, we arrived and were looking at the menu... waitress passed by and her tray she was carrying caught our eye!
We just knew right then what we wanted.
We wanted to try several things,
We try the seafood mix, the octopus taco and the fisherman stew...
We know now why people comes back for more. We will be back this visit!
The ambiance, family friendly, the service fast and friendly, the price worth it and the food, just simply put... OUTSTANDING
I would have posted pictures but the app was all over my 15K foodie pics