Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #5 of 148 Dessert in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wow”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The dark chocolate espresso sundae- I've never had anything quite like it. Delicious and delivered with friendliness and cheer

• Chinese (Traditional) first
gilbert, az
“If I could give ten stars I would”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Having eaten at Ghirardelli in another city, this was a must try for us. And without any doubt, the ice cream is to die for. Our family shared a sundae and a banana split (made the way we wanted) and well, it was just blissful. The shop is very clean and nice as well. Ghirardelli Ice Cream in San Diego is now on our must-do list when we visit San Diego. Can't wait to go back. Yum!!!

Visited March 2014
Independence, KY
“Remember...it's ice cream”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ok so I've eaten ice cream everywhere. Ghirardelli's is good but not as great as I was expecting. I've has Bruster's Ice Cream and it's just as good. Go to Cincinnati and eat Graeter's and it's as good or better. So all I'm saying is remember....it's ice cream. I haven't tasted too many that aren't good.

• Visited March 2014
Clive, Iowa
“Not that great”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Maybe I just don't get it. some people rave, and admittedly the chocolate is good, but not heavenly, and justifying the price. For the price you'd expect better/more.

Visited February 2014
Manchester,UK
“Chocolate and ice cream Heaven!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

If you are looking for a bit of self indulgence or comfort eating look no further.This is everyones idea of an old fashioned ice cream parlor with chocolate on top.Fabulous sundaes with melted chocolate.Lots of chocolate to buy as well.If you visit and indulge while on vacation the calories do not count at all.

Visited February 2014