“Chocolate chip in a waffle cone!”

Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #5 of 148 Dessert in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Savannah, Georgia
“Chocolate chip in a waffle cone!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Walking around the Gaslamp District and had to get a ice cream, I had the chocolate chip and my sister had strawberry. Both were good and I think the strawberry is the best I've had. They gave us free choclate sample that was good also, peppermint bark.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Someset, KY
“Ice Cream & Chocolate. Any Questions?”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Can there be any better mix of goodness than ice cream and chocolate? Add to the fact that its Ghirardelli and it absolutely can't get any better.

We had a couple of sundaes while our son had a waffle cone with a couple of scoops of ice cream. I had the Muir Woods Sundae which was a black cherry ice cream and hot fudge combination. My wife had the Ocean Beach Sundae which was a sea salt caramel sundae. We both really enjoyed this sweet treat.

This place sits in the very heart of the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. Eat a good meal somewhere, but be sure to leave room for dessert at Ghirardelli's.

• Visited November 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Brought back child hood memories”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Was craving something sweet. Saw this spot and ventured inside. A young lady offered us a sample of their pumpkin chocolate square. My wife enjoyed that. I headed for the order line and took a chance on the banana split. I haven't had one in 50 years and it was well worth the wait. The banana was firm not mushy. One scoop each of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. Plenty of whipped cream . Pineapple, chocolate and strawberry sauce topped by a cherry. Served in a metal bowl. Well worth the half century wait. Would go back in a heart beat.

• Visited October 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great ice cream treats and candy”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a very enjoyable dessert. My husband and I shared an ice cream sundae. We had one scoop each of chocolate expression chip and chocolate ice cream with dark hot fudge sauce. It was delicious. In addition they sell chocolate candy.

• Visited October 2013
Macon, Georgia
“A chocolate extravaganza!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a must do for anyone who considers them self even a casual lover of chocolate. I always indulge in their ice cream as it isn't offered many places. While not as cool as the location at Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco, this is a great experience. It is worth the visit even if just for the free samples.

Visited October 2013